Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

Can FSX Say Callsign "UPS"

With Edit Voice Pack and the proper edit of the aircraft.cfg file, yes FSX can.

With Edit Voice Pack and the proper edit of the aircraft.cfg file, yes FSX can.
Could you elaborate please . . . . . .

Do you have EVP installed and run to install the new call signs?

Go to the "airlines.cfg" file (in your Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder) and add "UPS".Save the file and exit.Now you should be able to find "UPS" in the callsigns list when choosing your aircraft.Alternatively you could add/replace the line atc_airline="UPS" in the aircraft.cfg. This should also add the callsign to your list.Hope this was helpfulFlo

Hi, Just adding the call sign to any list or file does not make FS magicly be able to speak the call sign, hence the need for EVP.

Flo.........Just out of curiosity, where is the airlines.cfg. located? I could never find it. Jack F.

Hi, Each plane in your SimObjects/Airplanes folder has this file.

No, that's the airCRAFT.cfg, airlines.cfg is in the root FSX folder. But I've added other entries to my models and FSX will say them. There's a list of choices in the SDK.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Go to the "airlines.cfg" file (in your Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder) and add "UPS".Save the file and exit.Now you should be able to find "UPS" in the callsigns list when choosing your aircraft.Alternatively you could add/replace the line atc_airline="UPS" in the aircraft.cfg. This should also add the callsign to your list.Hope this was helpfulFlo
I guess putting the UPS in quotes will do it. I have already done all the other requirements but putting the UPS in quotes, I have not done - I just put it without the quotes. I will try this and see how it works.

Putting the letters UPS in quotes did not fix the problem. I am using editvoice 4.0 and there is not much tutorial on it. I have managed to get FSX to recognize "Fed Ex" but have not been successful with UPS. Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

No quotes and you also need a tail number. And the Airlines.cfg file is in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder. That is why one poster need to re-create an empty SimObjects folder in order to use EVP.

Hi wilbert when you first used evp did you run the community updates. If i remember UPS is in that update. The call sign UPS does need to be in the aircraft cfg file to. I have several AI ups birds that atc refers to correctly. There is good tutorials if you do a Google search. If I remember I will check my cfg files when i get home for exact coding an let you know tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone - problem solved. I managed to do the community updates in editvoicepak and also made corrections from select aircraft within FSX by giving a tail number and a flight number. I do not know which of these actions actually did it but FSX now responds to my A/C as UPS. Again - Thanks to all.

Does FSX have the ability to say all the airlines in the "replaced airlines.cfg (FS 2004 default airlines) or must you install the voice pack for this to occur? Thanks, iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator