Sign in to follow this  
charles246

Regular 8 seconds pauses every 30 seconds

I will begin by saying that I personally still do not have this amazing product. From what I have seen and read, this aircraft beats even my own favorite, the JS41 which I did buy just over a year ago and which I use with religious awe very frequently. Both myself and a friend of mine had some time ago decided to purchase the NGX; I opted for waiting for SP1 whereas he went ahead and bought his. He is somewhat disappointed (to put it mildly) but I will hasten to say that this is not a reflection of the product but I suspect of his equipment. Since his specs are almost identical to mine, I will wait until he solves his problem before purchasing my copy. The Equipment: Alienware, Aurora ALX I7-x980 (12 Core) @ 3.33Mhz; Ram: 12 GB. GeForce GTX 480 w/ 1.5 MB RAM; Secondary Geforce 9800 (not used by Fsx); Windows 7 Home Premium. FsX Delux w/ Sp1 & SP2 installed in default C:/microsoft games. The Situation: NGX loads fine; looks great and frame rates are decent (>18). Aircraft is Cold and Dark, loaded AFTER the default Cessna being cold and dark situation. The problem: Even while panning around this wonderful cockpit, there is a regular 8 seconds pause after every 30 seconds. In five minutes I counted 5 or 6 short freezeups of approximately 7- 8 seconds duration. Apparently the lag was worse before I deleted his FSX.cfg and started a new one. His sliders are set to mainly high with little or no land, sea or airport traffic. This frequent lag ( 48 seconds every 5 mins) obviously make this AC unflyable for him until he finds the cause. He also has PMDG's JS4100,and this also gets a decent 18fps> on the ground in a major airport and has no stutterings (is that what this is called?) with his previous CFG or with the clean one. I realize that the NDG is probably more intensive but you can't argue with his equipment. In any case, lowering all settings to low didn't make a difference to the problem although an obvious inclrease of fps. May I say that he doesn't run any add ons whatsoever; have very few if any non-default AC and is not connected to Vatsim when this is happening. The attempts for a solution

• Disabled every other process running on the computer that wasn't essential to the system, including antivirus (AVG)
  • Replaced FSX.cfg with a new one.
  • Set Priority to High in Task Manager for Fsx
  • AA Off / On didn't matter
  • Hard Drive, cleaned and defragged
  • Nothing runs in the background (that I can see)
  • Prayer.......(no help there either!)

I realize that there are myriads of other possible experiments one could try, including Nick's, wonderful paper but the fact remains that only the NGX does this to him. Since I have the same processor (but less RAM) I think I will wait this one out for a while until a solution is found. I found the I7-x980 Processor (very expensive) a little quirky with some games (I am not by any means equating FSx with a "game"). For example it doesn't run "Saboteur" or "RelicCOH", probably because of multithreading so I am inclined to blame it at this point. However, this could be a simple problem. I suspect that this is a unique problem because although I have done an extensive search of this forum, I came up with no mention of similar occurences. I'd love to buy the product myself but I suppose I will have to be content with flying the Jetstream a little while longer. If anyone has any solutions or suggestions to this, I would be certainly appreciate them. Thank you in advance. Charles Macelli

I have the same. And although I will admit it "MAY" be the FSUIPC autosave, I will ask why is this the only plane that freezes in mid air while doing the autosave?

First off, it is no longer required to load the default aircraft first. Read the NG Intro (or tell your friend to) wink.png Based on what I found with my fresh install last Friday on my new Sim Rig, it sounds almost like a SimConnect issue. When I added all of the SimConnect files to start networking my PCs together, I got a 1/4 second pause every second. The symptom in this case is a full FS Freeze, meaning the program doesn't even respond to anything - key inputs, or otherwise (most "stutterings" of the sim are just rendering, where you can actually click on the program menus and so on). It was being caused by an error in my SC config settings. In order to have the same, he would have had to add in the SC configs on his own, which based on what you say, isn't likely. Other than that, I don't know what could have happened there. Has he given himself full Admin Rights to the Microsoft Games folder (in the case of Vista/Win7). Was the installer run as an Admin?

Kyle Rodgers

PROBLEM SOLVED Thank you all especially to those who pointed to FSUIPC autosave feature. That definitely was the culprit. He had it activated on the ground, every 30 seconds. We then set it for two minutes and almost exactly to the second, everything froze for a few seconds. I imagine that since there is more to save with an AC like NGX, the save is very noticeable but will not be as much or even discernible in other aircraft. Thanks once again now my problem is whether to buy this for myself before SP1 comes out; right after SP1 or wait for other bugs to be ironed out.

First off, it is no longer required to load the default aircraft first.
While not a similar problem, I do have to load a default or any other a/c but the NGX before starting FSInn. Otherwise it causes a crash. No clue whats causing it but it takes a extra minute to load up the other aircraft first. Not a big deal.

Richie Walsh

Wow! Now I know why I get that 2-3 Freeze! FSUIPC autosave! I never put it together until I read this thread. I have mine set to save 4 copies max per hour, every 15 min. When mine saves it only stops for about oh say 3 seconds max. But since it only happened every 15 min for 3 seconds I didnt mind. But nice to know what was causing it. It probably happens with other planes too you just do not notice it because it happens so fast. (Split Second). With all the NGX animations and features (Many more than regular planes) it is probably taking autosave longer. I think I am going to disable autosave and just save my flight manually once an hour.