Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Walkarounds

Ok, in case nobody suggested it before... I'd like to be able to spend some time walking around the aircraft. It adds a pretty good immersion factor. I didn't necessarily think one way or the other, but a video of Take On Helicopters convinced me. Beside the idea of being able to do external preflights, it would be immersive to elect to plan a flight in a virtual FBO and walk to your plane. There's other things I'd rather see first, but you know... daydreaming... Just saying. Andrew

This would be cool, I think it has been discussed before in the wishlist thread along with a virtual hanger etc. as long as the controls while on foot are not clunky and the transition into the aircraft was smooth I think it could really work.

This would be cool, I think it has been discussed before in the wishlist thread along with a virtual hanger etc. as long as the controls while on foot are not clunky and the transition into the aircraft was smooth I think it could really work.
I think the idea of a virtual hanger would be excellent, Something which you could walk around and then walk around the insides of the aircraft, with the ability to open pretty much anything openable. Maybe the openable everything is a looong way off, or perhaps this would be an acceptable request on the small aircraft.As MS dropped the simulation from the title, to encourage future generations to the title, perhaps they plan to incorporate some sort of career side of the game. Thus not tying your aircraft down and covering up the vents at the end of a flight would cause more mechanical problems later down the lines.

Jack Cannon

I don't know why some members here complain about MS Flight being a "game" or an "arcade game". I would quite like MS to make Flight an arcade game because lets all agree vanilla FS2004/FSX starts out interesting the first moment its installed but gets incredibly boring after a day or two; we get addons like Fspassengers to liven up the mood. It would be great if flight had great features like 3d passengers and walkarounds or even proper checks for fuel leaks or the occasional squirrel in the engine or tangled in the props , that would make Flight a fun experience because if you ask me, FSX is not doing it.

Ok, in case nobody suggested it before... I'd like to be able to spend some time walking around the aircraft. It adds a pretty good immersion factor.I didn't necessarily think one way or the other, but a video of Take On Helicopters convinced me. Beside the idea of being able to do external preflights, it would be immersive to elect to plan a flight in a virtual FBO and walk to your plane.There's other things I'd rather see first, but you know... daydreaming...Just saying.Andrew
I agree that it would be cool, but the fact that there will never be anything to catch on the preflight would make it redundant/unrealistic. The only way that they might add a feature like this is if actual weathering, bumps, dents, airframe stress/ageing, oil levels, etc were modeled. And if that were the case, we are talking a fair ammount of extra $$$$$ that MS will charge for Flight, plus the fact that it will take more time to develop and use up more HD space.

While I enjoy the simulator aspect far more than the game aspect of flight simulators I think there is such a thing as too much realism. The main reason I enjoy flight simming over real flight is all the tedious routines that go into real flight. Filing flight plans, getting landing permissions, refueling, preflight inspections, debriefs, aircraft and pilot logbook updates... YAWN! But of course, as long as you could start straight in the cockpit like before a preflight would be a nice feature for those finding it worthwhile.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I prefer the simulator to real flying, having done both. Reason ? It affords me an opportunity to experience aircraft and places that are neither affordable or practical. I never look at it as a game even though I know it is. To me it is always an adventure.Over the years I have simplified my flying however. I tend to really enjoy slower aircraft for the shear purpose of simplicity and looking around. I never get tired of night flying in an extremely dark room using a Logitech G15 lighted keyboard and CH Products yoke. And since looking around is my thing, I always use a third party navigation map (FS Commander) on a second monitor, and make a lot of full ILS landings.I just bought a 3D TV with 2 full time Comcast 3D channels. This is not a work in progress. Once you see winter ski events, or any of the "big air" competitions, you know It's already there. I did not realize that when lighting is rendered onto a HD 3D image (as opposed to a flat 2D image), it's like putting color on B&W. Suddenly even the time of day comes alive as does extra detail from refined shadowing. I look forward to moving in this direction in this "game". It's just too real when done right, as ESPN routinely does with their really good and high-priced 3D cameras.Oh yes.... For you who get a new 3D TV, somewhere in the TV's settings (probably in the 3D enable section) will be a separate switch to put the 2 separate pictures as broadcast together (you must choose either "side by side" or "under-over" frame packing as seen on your 2D screen as broadcast). Enabling 3D alone does not do this ! Believe it or not, after almost a full year here, nobody at Comcast in Las Cruces knew how to combine the two separate 2D images ("left eye" / "right eye") as broadcast. I finally found it on the Internet. I think maybe this may be made to be automatic with HDMI 1.4a cables on some TV's. I've only got a 1.3 cable at this time, so I've not tried that one out.http://www.best-3dtv...ame-packing-3d/Bob - Las Cruces, NM

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.