Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

How to use two RXP GNS 430

I would have even preferred an option to replace the Aspen glass with two Reality-XP T gauges.Some Carenados are more configurable than others. Here is an example of my favorite retrofit... The Carenado Cessna 208 with everything replaced by RXP T/N gauges, 530/430 GNS, and S-TEC autopilot:But, certainly the newer models with 3D buttons are much harder to customize without pre-designed options by the developer.

Jason

Hello, 

I know this is an older thread; however, I recently acquired the Carenado A36 and installed the two RXP 430w (unlimited pack) as instructed above.  I also installed the garmin audio panel and transponder panel that come with the RXP units...

everything appears to working fine as mentioned above with the 430's.

My only issue is that

I don't believe the com radios are working.  With the aircraft powered up and all avionics, I don't hear the local traffic, and when I make Com transmission selections, the FSX pilot voice doesn't sound (I do have use pilot voice enabled in fsx settings).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Solved....

Okay. But in case in the future others come here with the same issue would you please post what caused it and how you remedied it?  You can never predict how useful that might be to someone else.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Okay. But in case in the future others come here with the same issue would you please post what caused it and how you remedied it? You can never predict how useful that might be to someone else.

Absolutely, I took a few steps prior to it resolving itself, so I'm not exactly certain what did the trick, but this is what I did.

I noticed the issue after installing the twin rxp 430s as instructed above to the a36. Bear in mind, at the time, the a36 was saved as the default flight in a powered down state while being configured with the standard carenado 430s

First, I double checked the rxpgns.ini file to ensure that the 430.1 was slaved to radio 1 and 430.2 to radio 2 as per a pm from Bert. I also added the LinkGPS=On line in that .ini file.

I then backed everything up, the rxpgns.ini file, and the panel.cfg, and all rxp files the the panel folder. I then deleted all those mentioned files, and ran the carenado standard 430 install tool to get the aircraft back to its original state.

I created a new flight with the a36 fully powered up, and then changed the aircraft to the default 172 and saved that as the default flight...

I created a new free flight and tried out the default 430s and comms worked.

I exited fs and the pasted in all the backed up files mentioned above.

After all of that, I was able to fly, and save the a36 all shut down, and conversely load and do a cold start up with everything working properly.

At the end of the day I think the issue was that the default 430 com set was saved as the default flight with the radios off...

Hope that helps

Cheers!

I'll also comment on the functionality. As mentioned above the power and screen brightness clickspots are offset to the left by just a little bit. Most everything else is pretty much where it needs to be. For anyone on the edge of buying this aircraft based on way the rxp integration works, I'd say, if your a big fan of beechcraft bonanza' sand you have the rxp430w and the unlimited pack, buy it. If it's a deal breaker that you can't seamlessly integrate a 530w, then don't. Personally, for this bird, I really like the dual 430s (let's me get my monies worth out of the $200 rxp got out of me). I save the 530s for the Duke v2...

With the "LinkGPS=On" line in place in the ini file, the rxp 430s work great with the aspen efd1000. It works very well with gps LPV and LNav+v approaches. I'm actually really pleased with this little plane.

A quick edit of the DEEPGREEN slivery with my reg number, and changing the model to have the light tan leather seats instead of the grey.... And this bird looks beautiful. One of my favorite in fsx.

Great.  Thanks for updating your situation and process to fix.  See you have been in contact with Bert P.  Did you get his improvements to the Aspen clickspots?  Makes a pleasant difference in usability.

Personally, for this bird, I really like the dual 430s (let's me get my monies worth out of the $200 rxp got out of me).

I'll also comment on the functionality. As mentioned above the power and screen brightness clickspots are offset to the left by just a little bit.

I believe the functionality you mentioned is for a second RXP GNS430 mounted in the lower of the two GSP positions.  In that position the RXP 3D knobs are not available, so I believe what you see on the panel are the knobs from the Carenado unit.  The power and screen brightness clickspots (or adjustment in the case of the brightness) are as you found a good bit to the left of where one would expect them.  A trick is to move to the left until the hand-shaped mouse pointer appears and then further left until the pointer changes from white to brown.  

The small (center knob) frequency tuning knob is even more off to the left.  In my A36 I have to move the pointer to the left of the knob all the way to the edge of the GPS's surround bezel in order for the pointer to come alive and adjust the .00 range.  The buttons along the bottom and knobs and buttons on the right side of an RXP GNS430 in that lower panel position are much closer to true.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere