Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Hi Francky.OK well done on getting it working with the default 738.I 'think' you do need the lua script run on startup via the [Auto] section..... so the program code is loaded and sitting there waiting for our events (button preses etc) to happen. I may be totally wrong there for which I'll apologise in advance but I think thats possibly whats happening.Overall the EFIS is easier to handle than the MCP and Roarkr scripts for it work well so I don't doubt we'll solve your issues
Ok I will test that this evening, but do you agree with me, that I need to use your lua script, and not one of Roarkr, beacause I dont need the MCP but only the EFIS.Franck

Hi BHA335I notice in the Devices section in your scrren shot that you are getting IDX=* meaning .. thats not working. We should see a number there.Your Masters section of Sioc.ini should look like this[MASTERS]MASTER=0,5,1,17MASTER=1,7,1,19but it does by what you say, and they are the only enries left in that MASTERS section ?So hmmm, do you have seperate 5v power going to both MCP and EFIS ?I also take it that FSX was not running when you made that screen shot there being no connection to FSUIPC, is that correct ?And a little news ... Roarkr is close to giving us a much better and simpler MCP sioc/lua solution that really works well this time so these things will get easier very soon.
so I have solved a problem with my USB hub and at this time I can see IDX with numbers, but still not working

Ok I will test that this evening, but do you agree with me, that I need to use your lua script, and not one of Roarkr, beacause I dont need the MCP but only the EFIS.
Not quite, the SIOC script is the one thats different, not the lua. Yes my version of the SIOC for the EFIS, as we have the Plug&Play hardware, and my version of the SIOC is just a translation of Roarkr's original sioc script for the I/O card version.We all use the same lua script and it should be in the ...FSXFolder/Modules folderSoIn your sioc.ini[MASTERS]MASTER=0,7,1,nn nn=your device numberIn ModulesFSUIPC.INI[Auto]1=Lua PMDGNGX_OC_PP_EFand also in the Modules folderPMDGNGX_OC_PP_EF.lua.......... it should work :)

4) inserted[Auto]1=Lua PMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_rev1into FSUIPC4.ini
I don't know if this can help, but I had to shorten the LUA file name to have it to work, don't know why (don't forget to both change the file name and the entry in the FSUIPC.INI). You can check in the FSUIPC log console if the LUA is correctly loaded.
so I have solved a problem with my USB hub and at this time I can see IDX with numbers, but still not working
BHA335, you should go step by step and start with the MCP, then the EFIS when the MCP is working. To find if the problem comes from the script or FSUIPC, use the IOCPConsole: if the variables are changing when turning/pressing knobs, this means that your MCP is interracting with SIOC. Also use the FSUIPC log console to see if FSUIPC detects the changes on the MCP. These two tools are very useful to debug.When you will be using both the MCP and the EFIS, you will have to modify your script by adding DEVICE 0 or DEVICE 1 before each INPUT command, to let SIOC know if he has to wait a command from the MCP or the EFIS. Hope this help.

Fabrice Lambert

OK, thats getting close nowMight just be the FSUIPC/LUA setup now, you should have the lua files for the MCP and the EFIS in your Modules folder and an entry in the [Auto] section for the EFIS one. Maybe 'just' get the EFIS working alone for the moment, as I said we'll get a much better MCP arrangement very shortly.A big HMMMMM on the USB Hub , I tried but have never got my OC hardware to work though a hub, only to a proper motherboard USB port ....... so that might be something. Can you try say just the EFIS connected to such a port and independantly 5v powered ?

, I tried but have never got my OC hardware to work though a hub
Strange... I have my MCP and EFIS connected through a powered hub and never had a problem.

Fabrice Lambert

Hi BHA335I notice in the Devices section in your scrren shot that you are getting IDX=* meaning .. thats not working. We should see a number there.Your Masters section of Sioc.ini should look like this[MASTERS]MASTER=0,5,1,17MASTER=1,7,1,19but it does by what you say, and they are the only enries left in that MASTERS section ?So hmmm, do you have seperate 5v power going to both MCP and EFIS ?I also take it that FSX was not running when you made that screen shot there being no connection to FSUIPC, is that correct ?And a little news ... Roarkr is close to giving us a much better and simpler MCP sioc/lua solution that really works well this time so these things will get easier very soon.
Thank you for your patienceso small progressSo I have made everything from begining (I have deleted all and I have started again from page 1 according to post#3)so at this time MCP have had some response, but because I have p&p I known that there are diferent input/output. I know that at this time I have to change i/o in "Open MCP_PMDGNGX_1.txt", but I do not know how I can find out the values of these i/o. Edited by BHA335

From the SIOC interface, launch SIOC Monitor. Double click on the line of your MCP and you will see a matrix with all the I/Os. Using the MCP buttons and rotaries will change the color of the related Input.

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

but because I have p&p I known that there are diferent input/output
I've already done the input/output number changing for you.Roarkr's original MCP script for his MCP is named MCP_PMDGNGX_1 the P&P version for our MCPs is called MCP_PMDGNGX_PP_01You probably downloaded it with the rest of Roarkr's files, if not it's still there on his Google docs page the link for which is on page 1 of this thread.So the PMDGNGX_1.LUA is the same for both types of MCP, just the SIOC script is different, MCP_PMDGNGX_1 for the I/O card version and MCP_PMDGNGX_PP_01 for the Plug&Play version where all I'd done was change the input/output numbers in roar's version to suit our P&P MCPPatience is not a problem, I remember the frustration of trying to work out how SIOC.ini, the SIOC script, FSUIPC, and a LUA script all work together, and there's still way more I don't know than I do know :)
Strange... I have my MCP and EFIS connected through a powered hub and never had a problem
OK good to know, are they both powered by that hub as well or do you have seperate power supply ? Edited by Crankpin

The attachement through a HUB is indeed something that seems to be a source of problems also.See my previous post.I had the mcp through a hub (which was not powered at that time) and it worked more or less and when i found the power input was missing and i attached it the mcp was not working at all anymoreI now have the mcp and efis connected directly to a motherboard port and they are both working (although not perfect see previous post)

are they both powered by that hub as well or do you have seperate power supply ?
I have both on the hub. I also have power supplies for both the MCP and EFIS as I wanted to use them for backlighting, but as backlighting is not available on the MCP, I don't use them...

Fabrice Lambert

Hi,New and better scripts for Opencockpits P&P MCP module.Download fromhttps://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0yCO5zfcmmEODdmMTY2NTQtY2MzNi00YzQ2LTliOWEtZmQ4ODlkZmEzZjUzWhat's new in this version 2 of Opencockpit MCP for PMDG 737 NGX?1. No need for dedicated keypress definition in PMDG2. SPEED.INTV and ALT.INTV implemented in LUA codewhen SPEED button is selected when flying in VNAV mode it emulates SPEED.INTVwhen ALTHLD button is selected when flying in VNAV mode it emulates ALT.INTV3. Better dial functions, even thou there is still sync related issues4. Easier overall installationPlease see this as a work in progress. I still have to implement better sync and coldstart functions.If you dare you could try to play a little with the coding in LUA file to have better sync between the OP MCP and PMDG's MCP windows.Please tell the community if you find a better solution.Thanks to crankpin on AVSIM forum for changing numbers in the sioc file so my coding work with the Plug&Play version.rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Woohoo ! Thanks Roar !! Can't wait to leave work to give it a try.

Fabrice Lambert

Roar,When I load SIOC with your SSI, I get a "'-' is not a valid integer value" error. Any idea? Tried to export it to TXT then compile, and there's no error. It's only when launching SIOC that I get this message.

Fabrice Lambert