Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

I need magdec.bgl original file..

yep I managed to update my magnetic variation and of course didn't backup my original now. the gps doesn't line up with some of the airstrips.. would this cause this? please email to EDITED BY ADMIN

Ciao!

Its againts the law to distribute that file or any original FSX files.Also I wouldn't put your email address out like that unless you want to get spammed to death.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well he didn't ask for you to send it, did he?But Brain could do a repair with the original FSX disks (and Acc if he has it) and that should restore (all) original files.

RobdeVries.jpg

Only if he deletes or moves the file he has in place. And it doesn't matter who he asked, distributing MS files goes against the policies of MS.

HelloThere are a lot of things that go against Microsofts EULA here's two that folk tend to forget about. Work around any technical limitations in the software;Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software.Those two, if we were to stick to the letter of the EULA would have seen us miss out quite a lot of advances.

You forgot about installing FSX on more than one computer.

You forgot about installing FSX on more than one computer.
Hello JimYes I forget that one probably because I have never needed to do that , but of the two I mentioned every flight I take I run products that in some way break those aspects of the EULA. I doubt someone sending Brian the default Magdec is going to cause the Microsoft legal dept to swing into action + the EULA was already broken by the freeware author who dissembled and modified the Magdec in the first place. Microsoft have more to worry about than FSX Bgls's

Then I guess the Repair feature is a waste of time and programming.

No need to be more Catholic than the Pope...Poor single file sent to Brian and email address removed. dry.png

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.