Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Which functions do you have mapped to joystick buttons?

Thanks for the upclose pic on the functional MCP, Emile. I must try doing something like this too one day. How did you learn to make something like this?
Hi Bruce, I had some help from a good friend with components and getting started (perhaps you remember Graeme Rodgers from the ATP days). For the rest I kind of followed my nose, and made sure I studied up on the more intricate aspects of FSUIPC and more recently, simple Lua programming. I used to spend a fair bit of time building model railway layouts too, so had a little experience with detailed technical stuff. Plus I enjoy figuring out how things work ! Wishing you many good flights, and may your number of takeoffs never exceed your number of landings wink.png . And to Doug (sorry, I am somehow unable to answer to your post separately so I hope you read this) :
Emile, if you built that yourself, do you have plans/schematics/parts list for that? I've been toying with putting some switches together as a lark, and wondering how others do it, especially if they use USB parts.
Hi Doug, Sorry, I haven't got any plans for the unit as I more or less developed it as I went along. In fact I'm planning some further refinements at the moment. But I'll do my best to at least get some sort of schematic together and list the main components. This is not a USB interface - that's what I would use if I were to start now and from scratch - but works well for me. Watch this space.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks. I found a couple of seemingly idiot proof USB interfaces online. I might buy one or two and play around and see what works. Curious about a total DIY approach too.

Thanks Emile,I'm flying across the "big pond" next January, to see my Mum in Greymouth, it will be good to be in summer in January!Bruce.

I have the X52pro. On the throttle I have A/T disconnect, NUM 1 and NUM 7 for Radar Contact interaction, TOGA button, F2 for reverse thrustOn the joystick. flaps up, flaps down, gear up/down and gear off, and spoiler toggle and spoiler arm. on the bottom buttons, then nose trim up and down, EZDOK camera presets, and the fire button is Autopilot disconnect. I use the VC button for actual activation of the CMD. And I use the trigger for brakes, and the black "c" button for PTT, linked to my FS2Crew mute button, and SB4 running on WideFS via FSUIPC.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

For FSX: view switch, brakes, rotor RPM, elevator trim, nosewheel steering, mixture, prop pitch, A/T and A/P disengage, weapon select and launch (for CS weapon), and toe brakes on my rudder pedals. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Emile, I'm flying across the "big pond" next January, to see my Mum in Greymouth, it will be good to be in summer in January! Bruce.
Hi Bruce, Ah yes I momentarily forgot your origins ! Your mum will be looking forward to your visit - especially since the Mainland has had its unfair share of tragedies in the last year... If you're passing through Auckland and have a few hours to spare and would like a cool beer, give us a call (09 625 9354) !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg