Sign in to follow this  
Darth Mop

A question about the engine sounds

Hi PMDG team,first of all thanks for this wonderful piece of art, I'm really astonished by the quality of the 737, not just the graphics, features and sounds of this beauty, no even the dynamics are simply stunning, during the approach of my latest flight (you can find some screens in the screenshot forum), I lowered the nose a bit and it really moved and felt like that I felt in the real sim of this beauty for a moment - outstanding with no doubt! Now there is something that is special about the CFM engines of the 737,please take 10 seconds to watch from 4:28 of this video:

(the video was shot from seat 3F) you can clearly hear the difference of a CFM spooling up, you have really simulated the sounds of the CFM engines very well, however I'm really missing the "mighty" spool up sound that sounds like a strong wash machine. Couldn't you add that in a later update? If you can put so much realism into you 737, then I'm sure you could also add this small, but huge improvement :) Sincere greetings from rainy Germany, Johnny

That's from the passenger cabin, not the cockpit. Engine sounds are just as the should be.They used some pretty sophisticated audio equipment to record sounds in a 737.

well there are surely people around there who are using the wingviews ;)btw I have no clue if its 100% similiar to the real one however in the full motion sim you still had that wash machine sound o_O

I don't think "wingviewers" were the main target when they were creating the sounds..

But Ryan (or Robert, not sure who) said that they were able to create new sound files for the wingviews and so they should be correct.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Also, there isn't that much of a noise difference between 3F and the flight deck. Maybe a little more engine noise, but that's it. Now 33F is a different story, but I agree with the OP. -Matt