Sign in to follow this  
Alaaar

Loss of FPS

Hi, I was in route KLGA-TNCA using CS, B767-300, after about two hours of flight I couldn’t hear any sounds coming from the computer, it just stopped, I thought it's a classic freeze, and I was waiting for CTD......then what happened is that after pressing Z twice to see if there is any response, I realized that the FPS is about 0.4-0.7FPS only, when I paused the FSX I get 40-50FPS, never happened to me before. So any help about possible cause for that? Your advice is highly appreciated Best regards Alaa Riad My system is Dual core 2 processor with 8GB of ram and Nvidia GeForce GT 430

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Could be any number of things, memory usage is one. Could be a background process calling for CPU activity or memory activity like a virus checker running an automatic scan. Could also be a problem resulting from overheating (though that usually results ina crash). Normally, it relates to a specific setting you are using or a tweak you have made. First thing to try is turning some of the settings down a bit. If that doesn't work, then let FSX build a new fsx.cfg. If it just happens in one place or area,thenit could relate to a particular piece of scenery. I'm sure others will chip in with a few possibilities to explore. IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Many thanks Ian

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Sorry again, is there any recommendations for a software or utility that will force background activities to stop or at least minimize while running FSX, things like defragmentation, virus scan or Windows automatic updates...?Thanks

Alaa A. Riad

Sorry again, is there any recommendations for a software or utility that will force background activities to stop or at least minimize while running FSX, things like defragmentation, virus scan or Windows automatic updates...?Thanks
You can try AlacrityPC http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/ or Bill2's Process Manager http://www.bill2-software.com/processmanager/download-en.shtml Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Thanks Steve

Alaa A. Riad