Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kencnnrs

Any FSX experts?

I know this is not PMDG related, but I don't know where else to ask, and I know there are some pretty knowledgable people in here, so here it goes. I purchased an addon airport scenery and found that I did'nt like it, so I uninstalled it. I am now back to my original scenery except that there is grass on parts of my runway and it appears that the airport is in the middle of the woods. Anyone know where I could go to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.PS. I uninstalled by using uninstaller included with product and also by deleting folder from root fsx folder.

First thing id try is the repair option in your fsx installer.

Ken, please provide info about what exactly airport you are talking about! And what addon scenery you used and uninstalled?Also... just for interest - why you did not like that particular addon?

All I can guess is that it seems like your addon did alter(or remove) some bgl files used by your default scenery of that airport.If that particular addon does not backup the original files before any change/deletion is made then even if you uninstall it correctly the default scenery will not be restored 100% as it was before because the needed bgl files are simply gone. Grass on the runway makes me think that at least the excluding polygons were modified/removed along with maybe the flattening poly's too...As said by Kenneth a repair of your FSX installation should hopefully restore the needed bgl files.