Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucek

Preferred runways at KORD

Does anyone know the preferred runways at KORD for take-offs and landings? I assume there is a runway pattern that they use when there is no or little wind?Or maybe it's like KDEN (where I live), where the 6 runways get switched (on a zero-wind day) according to United's schedules (whether their banks are east or east bound).Thanks, Bruce.

There are some 16 different Plans or configurations depending on IFR, VFR and/or Visual Separation. I'm unable to provide the .PPT I have, but will try and PM you with further details sometime over the weekend. Les Parson

There are some 16 different Plans or configurations depending on IFR, VFR and/or Visual Separation. I'm unable to provide the .PPT I have, but will try and PM you with further details sometime over the weekend.
Then Bruce may want to share some of the guidelines he derives. I'll be interested in IFR.Thanks,Dirk.

Thanks Les. I will be interested to see the information. While KORD has the same number of runways as KDEN, some are intersecting and have varying lengths, unlike KDEN. It will be interesting to see how they are managed with a significantly greater traffic flow.Thanks, Bruce