Sign in to follow this  
THRUSTER57

Leaving in disc 4?

Hello,with my MS 2004 disc set that i have had since new many years? you have to leave the last disc in to use it,is there any way around this so that it is all on my hard drive.many thanks.james.

It's rather illegal... The question is raised occasionally but the thread is usually blocked very quickly.FS9 is now pretty cheap and if your disc 4 stays either in the drive or in its case you'll get a lifetime of FS9 for about £30.D

i purchased my MS2004 from new way back when but did not use it for years as i have FSX,but i have gone back to it because it seems to give you a more realistic feel of flying some how? and my question was every time i shut it right down? and start from scratch it still asked to insert disk 4, now with FSX it is all loaded on from new and never asks again,so what jeroen79 means is when it is running then take out disc 4 and when i am doing some thing else just drop MS 2004 down to the tool bar so then i can use the disc drive for other things.thanksjames.

Ah, I apologise. I misunderstood.I leave my disc 4 in the drive pretty well all the time, only taking it out if my daughter wants a Sims session or to shuffle albums on her music player so I was unaware that it's possible to remove it once FS9 is booted. I'm not sure what I've done with the other 3 discs... long time since I saw them or the case.Sorry,D

You didn't read post #3 did you?.....Report sent.

This post will obviously go south.Let's close it.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.