Sign in to follow this  
DChockey08

Help! FS9 won't start!

I have a huge problem. Whenever I click on the FS9 icon, the game does not start. No splashscreen, no black screen, just nothing.Tried Safe mode, same result.Tried deleting FS9.cfg, same result.Tried uninstalling FS9 and reinstalling, same result.Now I notice that since uninstalling and re-installing FS9 that FS9.CFG no longer exsists. It doesn't even build it because it never starts.Tried disabling anti-virus, nothing.It was working fine a few weeks ago, and the only changes I've made since then was tinkering a bit with the FSX shadders, but I don't know how that can affect FS9 and I have since unintalled FSX anyway.Any ideas? I've gone through every forum looking for answers from people who have had a similar problem, nothing. I've tried everything and I miss the skies!Thanks,PierreEdit : running win7 64 bit, but had no problems with the program fro about 6 months before this.

Hi,where does your Exe File link to? Check if there is a Exe in your Mainfolder of Flightsim

Check any security applications or turn them off and see if FS starts. Sometimes they update and lose your permission settings and then will not give any pop-up security announcement.I have Zone Alarm 11 and it can treat some applications this way. It is buggy on retaining your bypass settings.

Update :I notice 3 things that appear under "processes" when I click on the icon:FS9.exe *32WerFault.exe *32dllhost.exeThese three processes disappear within a few seconds. Searched a bit online, and found out through "Event Viewer" that every time I try to run FS9, I get an "Application Error", here are the details : Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208Faulting module name: ~df394b.tmp, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3e4cbac0Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00003a06Faulting process id: 0x180Faulting application start time: 0x01cc94e624738a7aFaulting application path: D:Flight Simulator 9fs9.exeFaulting module path: C:UsersUSER~1AppDataLocalTemp~ef7f9c~df394b.tmpReport Id: 6247831f-00d9-11e1-8b6a-0090f5b65334Any ideas?

Since you had FSX installed and then removed, let's check you registry setting for FS9. Get this free registry checker/repair utility from this page;http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryInstall it and the run it by right clicking on it if in VISTA or Win 7 and selecting run as admin so it has system level privileges to access your registry. Make sure your FS9 path is correct.The file giving you the error is a temporary executable file in a temporary folder. It does not appear to be the usual one used by FS9 for copy protection. It may be something set to run when FS starts.That's all I can think of.

Dont know if this could have anything to do with it,but when uninstalling FS9 you have to uninstall the 9.1 update first.