Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Brake Temp's not working post SP1

Gents-One point I may not have made clearly enough:Because of the peanut butter runways (read above if you don't know what I mean by that!) there are many times that we reduce the applied brake pressure to nearly zero in order to make sure that the deceleration rates you experience match the airplane's real world performance. Since the NGX is experiencing an unrealistically high rate of ground friction, it means that we reduce the brake pressure below what the actual airplane uses at lighter weights and lower autobrake settings.The result is that the temperatures are going to undershoot a bit at light weights and lower autobrake settings. I am still working out a mathematical model to dynamically change the energy transfer model based on weight/autobrake setting in order to give a perfect heat transfer model- but it still needs quite a bit of work.For those of you who wonder why it takes us time to create PMDG aircraft models? It is stuff like this... We estimate that roughly 2/3 of our development effort is spent trying to work around bogus logic within FSX... It really is not much fun- until you figure out how to beat the system. :-pTo answer the inevitable question: "Well why doesn't my XYZ addon have this issue?" easy... Most addons determine your autobrake setting by setting a static pressure level to the brakes in order to provide you with a greater/less deceleration experience. (Sorry, a "higher or lower rate of acceleration" for you physics purists... Whistle.gif ) The NGX autobrake is dynamically calculating your rate of deceleration and constantly adjusting the brake pressure to maintain an average deceleration rate as called for by the brake setting. Thus, if you do a max landing weight and use no spoilers/reversers, the brakes are going to add additional pressure in order to achieve an average deceleration rate as called for by the autobrake setting. If you then throw out the spoilers and add the reversers, you will continue to decelerate at the same rate because the brakes will modulate the pressure to a slightly lower setting in order to maintain the decel rate...Pretty cool... or hot... depending on your weight. LOL.gif

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert, the brake performance is spot on, I will leave it as is until you work out if there are any further changes...a related question though...will the "wear and tear" logic of the NGX get affected accordingly? ie are we less likely to see brakes failure or brakes wear because of this or is the only difference the temperature display?Happy either way, wonderful product!Will Reynolds

Same for me. The only downside of this beauty: It degrades the rest of the planes to garbage. I just ditched all my other airplanes! (except my PMDG ones, ofcourse)
I was just thinking the same thing last night on my inagural -700 flight out of LOWW to Heathrow. I was thinking I could manage most of my route pairings with the NGX especially when the -700ER comes out. Even more so if PMDG lets us have the actual Boeing factory option of up to 9 aux fuel tanks which will give it a range of over 5000nm. I feel for me anyways that flying most other stuff now after flying this is dumbing down the simulation. While very nice, graphics-wise the lvl-d 767 pales tremendously. That has come off my system. All the wilco/feelthere stuff, gone. The only thing I am keeping is the Qualitywings 752 and the PMDG 744/748 but even that will be taken off the computer once the PMDG 777 is released. Once that is out, it will strictly be a PMDG 737/777 airline in my own little fantasy virtual world. Although I will take a good look at QW's 787 whenever that is released.

Eric