Sign in to follow this  
KeithyGeorge

6-700 Expansion pack issues

PLEASE IGNORE ALL SORTED NOW DID NOT REALISE I HAD TO USE NEW ACTIVATION CODE WITH EXPANSION PACK, THIS HAS SINCE FIXED BOTH ISSUESHiSince buying the expansion pack I have 2 major problems. The 2nd problem maybe user error?1) Every time I shut down FSX and open it up and select the 737-700 I have to perform online activation. Activated about 10 times so far and it is still asking each new time I load the plane. Note I get the succesful acitvation dialog so it is not a problem with my activation code. I am using the activation code that I got with purchase of my original NGX2) This maybe user error so please let me know if so. With the 737-800 / 900 when I select start cold dark from FMC, I then select ground power connected in FMC, Next go to overhead and turn on standby power, battery power and select ground connection switch. In the 800/900 this brings life to the aircraft and I then go on and set it up etc. With the -700 when I perform exact same process the plane remains completely cold and dark, I cannot get any power what so ever. Does the 700 need to be used differently or is this my a installtion issue?Extra infoAS per RSR instructions I performed the following to install. SP1 and expansion.Remove original 737NGX installationRe install 737 NGX installationRun SP1Purchased and installed expansion.After having the above issues, I have since performed the above process again but both problems 1 and 2 remain.16:33 updtae Have since tried another complete removal and reinstall this time deleting all panel states but still have both problems.Please help with 1 + 2 above.Thanks

Keithy George

Hi there.The expansion pack requires its own activation code. If you did not get the mail, (like it was in my case) you can fin the code in your account on the PMDG site.regardsBjørn Erik Henriksen

Disregard. It's working now. It probably was an issue wh the new base pack installer I downloaded, or maybe I just inadvertently minimized or closed the activation window.I'm also having problems with the expansion pack. It is not asking me for the activation key. So, let me explain:Yesterday, I downloaded the latest installer from my PMDG account (the URL has expired today, BTW) and followed RSR's instructions: I completelly removed the NGX, then installed the base pack. It's running fine. Then I installed the expansion. The installation went okay, but when I select either the -600 or the -700, it doesn't ask me to activate the product like the -8/900 did, and when I click fly now, the flight simply doesn't load. All I get is a black screen. Then I press 'Esc' to end the flight, but when I return to the main FSX screen, it is all weird. I'll post a picture of it for you to see. Even though the 6700 doesn't work the -8/900 are working flawlessly. I've even tried to load the -600 and the -700 during a flight, but the software initialization sequence doesn't start and therefore I can't fly the airplane.Any thoughts on what could be going wrong?

Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra