Sign in to follow this  
FlyData

Electrical failure on Turbine Duke

Hello all,I was flying the Realair Turbine Duke last night and in mid-flight I had an electrical failure. The Instrument panel lights all went out then started flickering on and off. My co-pilot announced that I was having an electrical failure, then my auto pilot stopped working and basically everything stopped working but the engines kept running.I have failures turned off in FSPassenger and engine failures turned off in the Turbine Duke configuration. I do, however, allow stress to damage the engine. I'm wondering if something I did would cause the issue. The only thing different about this flight compared to any other is that I had all the anti-ice switches on as I was flying through wet weather with low temps. Could that cause a failure? I had the generator switches on and the inverter, main electrical switches on. Everything seemed fine.Thanks,Don

Don Polidori

Hi Don, I don't think you can completely remove failures from Duke, you ca set a minial value (a minimal percentage), but not completely remove them.Riccardo

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hello all,I was flying the Realair Turbine Duke last night and in mid-flight I had an electrical failure. The Instrument panel lights all went out then started flickering on and off. My co-pilot announced that I was having an electrical failure, then my auto pilot stopped working and basically everything stopped working but the engines kept running.I have failures turned off in FSPassenger and engine failures turned off in the Turbine Duke configuration. I do, however, allow stress to damage the engine. I'm wondering if something I did would cause the issue. The only thing different about this flight compared to any other is that I had all the anti-ice switches on as I was flying through wet weather with low temps. Could that cause a failure? I had the generator switches on and the inverter, main electrical switches on. Everything seemed fine.Thanks,Don
Hi Don,You can completely turn off engine failures in the Turbine Duke, using the option in the configuration tool. We don't implement electrical failures anyway, so perhaps it could be other software causing this. We do advise switching off the standard FSX stress, crash or collision tick boxes in the standard FSX realism tab as these prevent for example a survivable belly landing if you are simulating a gear down failure for practice, or if (as with some sceneries) you so much as touch a part of unseen scenery, which triggers a "crash" in FSX.Also the Turbine Duke has a limit of 200 knots indicated and exceeding this can trigger the FSX crash mode, which is nothing more than a somewhat cheesy crash effect and resets the aircraft.If you need further info please don't hesitate to contact me through RealAir support email.Best Regards,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Robert,Can you give us a hint at what's next from RealAir?Praying.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I have a lot of hours in the Turbine Duke and I have never had the electrical system go out on me. I have burned up an engine from starting it wrong, and I have the random engine failure turned off. But no problems with the electrical.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Thanks guys. You answered my question in that RealAir doesn't cause electrical failures in the Turbine Duke. The only other thing I can think of is FSPassengers, but I know that I have failures turned off. Anyway, I'll look as FSPassengers X again just to make sure I have it set correctly and see if it recurs.--Don

Don Polidori