Sign in to follow this  

ASE pi$$es me off like no other.Don't get me wrong, this program depicts weather great.But right now, I started my big 9,5hr flight from Heathrow to Seattle, and at takeoff, it was nothing else but fun... my trim was going nuts, pitching the aircraft up and up, I had to push trim down all the time, it almost stalled, after 2-3 min, on AP, aircraft started banking like crazy, left-right... that is where I got the message.Turned off ASE, all is great.DWC is a recommended mode, but can cause THAT?Now I switched to standard... and I get flashing?Solution?

And now the aircraft is going up and down, up to 8000fpm, between FL300 and FL370, 350 should be... and that all happens ONLY if I load ASE.

Try turning off wake turbulence effects for the craziness near the ground, I've not idea what is causing 8000FPM altitude changes at cruise altitudes but you could try reducing or turning off thermal/up/downdraft effects, maybe your aircraft autopilot gets upset by these types of effect.

Cheers, Andy.

Try turning off wake turbulence effects for the craziness near the ground, I've not idea what is causing 8000FPM altitude changes at cruise altitudes but you could try reducing or turning off thermal/up/downdraft effects, maybe your aircraft autopilot gets upset by these types of effect.
The best thing is, those effects have persisted after I turned off ASE and also set clear weather in FSX. I suspect that ASE is causing some error in the sim that you are unable to "repair" once caused. Only way, apparently, is to block turbulence, gusts and variance in the FSUIPC, but before the flight, that way I never seem to have any problems.But what is the point then in having a weather simulator, if I have to block gusts and turbulence? Whatever variance is...

Hi Word Not Allowed. Can you give out some additional info please?1. Settings for wx in ASE;2. What plane do you fly.3. DWC - looking it is on, right? - in this case loose FSUIPC - it works for me perfectly.Pls give some more info, and I will try to help.

Tom Link

Hi Word Not Allowed. Can you give out some additional info please?1. Settings for wx in ASE;2. What plane do you fly.3. DWC - looking it is on, right? - in this case loose FSUIPC - it works for me perfectly.Pls give some more info, and I will try to help.
Sure:[Options]FSVersion = FSXDynamicRateofChangePercent = 50VATSIMDownloads = TrueAutomaticDownloadInterval = 15AutomaticDownloads = TrueCAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 50NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 50CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 50MaximumCloudLayers = 5MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100StratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 20MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 80MaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 80MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 100MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 50DisableWindsAloft = FalseWakeTurbulenceStrength = 50CreateVirtualStations = FalseEnhanceRouteCoverage = FalseDepictHurricanes = FalseEnableSkyScapeMode = FalseUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseForceHighPriority = TrueUpdateRange = 500EnableWindSmoothing = FalseEnableVisibilityGraduation = TrueEnableFogLayerSimulation = TrueLocalSuppression = FalseSuppressionRange = 200StartupWave = FalseEnableDirectWindControl = TrueShowSimMessages = FalseSupressOnGround = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalseVoiceATIS = FalseThermalGenerationRatePercent = 50UpandDowndraftGenerationRatePercent = 50MaximumDowndraftRate = 300MaximumUpdraftThermalRate = 500DisableHazeLayer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueDatFileOverwriteUserEdit = 0PreventFSXCloudRedraws = TruePreventTstormsWithCB = TrueSuppressionCeiling =FSXDepictionMode = DWCGraduationCeiling = 5000ForceWindLock = False These are current FSX options as copied from the FSXOptions.cfg in ASE folder in Users...User...App. Data...2. PMDG 747 on that flight3. Yes, DWC on.I turned off FSUIPC.

Ok, can you please set dynamic rate of change to 0 and also disable turbulence from main FSX menu? Also, is your fsx.cfg configured the way is should be for PMDG? I know we are talking about the weather, but with PMDG is should be set up correctly.As for strange behavior. Dynamic rate of change could cause it. Please also set thermals to default.Once you clear out of FSUIPC, did you click weather settings off? You should do it after you stop using it. Only do it once after change of use.Check it out and report if you have any change.

Tom Link

It's very hard to test if it stops, since the error comes every now and then, very rarely actually. And I can never predict it.I can only set and observe on couple of flights to see if it occurs again.

Hi, just to add a bit to this... Huge 8000ft up/downdrafts is not something I've heard of and I can't see how AS can cause this unless you have manually added extreme thermals. Can you check your thermal data (options, thermals tab) and confirm there are no strange entries here?As for flashing of the upper sky with Standard mode, this is a byproduct of this mode as outlined in the documentation. Smooth Cloud transitions mode does not have this "effect".If you are unable to sort this out please open up a support ticket (support.hifitechinc.com) with your details including the session log where you experienced this and we will attempt to track this down.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Ok, can you please set dynamic rate of change to 0
Tomi, I set dynamic rate of change to: No change in FSX, but DynamicRateofChangePercent = 50 is in FSXOptions.cfg. Is this correct? Do I need to set it to 0? Thanks, Dirk.

What is StartupWave in FSXOptions.cfg? I have it on True.Thanks,Dirk.

What is StartupWave in FSXOptions.cfg? I have it on True.Thanks,Dirk.
Maybe the sound effect!?Anyway, seems to be solved, for now. I'll come back if this ever happens again - I'm going to try and make some screenshots of ASE in that moment, if that is of any use...

Maybe the sound effect!?
Yes, this is it.Cheers,Dirk.