Sign in to follow this  
misgav

newcomer questions and observations

Hi,I finally got the software to work in FS2004 after many false starts.I bought the voice edition when my old pc had windows xp, and it just wouldn't work.Now, under windows 7, it works well.Questions:1. My mike is a 30-40 cms from my face. I noticed that sometimes my speaking is not be detected. I discovered that if I press q for fs sound off, my words are recognized. .(this is after i did all the voice testing as per manual).I can bring back back the sound when i do not speak and perform other actions. Not having the sound on in the background reduces the realism aspect.Is there a solution to this?2. How do I speak nav ferquencies? Do I say 121 point 24, or use 'decimal?3. In the manual it says I can skip the Pre-Flight events on page 25.Surely that's missing half the fun!So if I choose not to do the pre- flight stuff, where do I begin? Pre-Start Engine? Pre-taxi? (which assumes that I have the aircraftsystems running,right?)4. The departure and arrival brief. In the 767 button edition that's quite a long speech. Can I just say here a few words like" departing Mike2 departure runway 27"?Eytan Ornsteincomputer specsIntel Core i5 2500 CPU @3,3GHZGeForce 9800GT 512MB GPUDDR3 4GBSATA 3 hd 1TBWindows 7 32 bitSamsung Synchmaster 931BF 19" monitorMAG Proview 21" monitorThrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS XVRInsight M-panel

Hi Eytan,1. I recommend getting a USB headset. If the mic is 30 to 40 cm's away from your mouth, that might be a bit too far. You can get a good USB headset for around $20 USD.2. You'll need to check the manual. I think it's point, but I had have to look at the manual to refresh my own my memory.3. If you skip, you can start anywhere you like. You could even start in Approach or Takeoff, for example, if you wanted. The program is very flexible that way.4. Pls see the manual regarding the briefs. You don't need to say anything if you don't want to. If you want to say something realistic, you could give a long brief, but it makes no difference to FS2Crew internally.Best,

Thanks Bryan for your input.i am getting a headset for this software.Eytan