Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

What to do about Eric Marciano A320 panel?

The great Eric Marciano panel for the A320 and A330 works great in FS2004. However, much to everyone's chagrin it was discovered that it wouldn't load after Jan 1, 2004 due to some programming technicality. Eric quickly did a patch that fixes the problem and the panel is currently loading without problems. However, now the overhead panel doesn't load and the clickable spots are gone. I've e-mailed Eric about this a couple of times, but I have had no response. Do any of you have a solution to this? Or, perhaps, you just simply know that Eric is working on it and we'll see a fix soon.The panel is so great with the PA Airbus A320. I miss it.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I experienced the problems after Jan 01, downloaded the patch and everything was fine untill last night, when exactly the same problems came back. I have reinstalled the patch, still no luck. Then I wanted to look at Eric's page, if there was a "patch for the patch" available by chance, but Eric's homepage is currently down. Maybe he is putting some infos about the not working gauges on. I hope he does, because I love this panel.WolfgangBTW, does anybody else experience problems with this panel again since last night?

Actually, I went back to his page, re-downloaded the original A320 panel file version 2.2, then the FS2004 upgrade and then the bug fix. I re-installed in that order and everything is fine now. Try the same.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I just Eric's panel and it sure is beautiful. What is a good 320 or 330 to use it with?Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest Boone

Howard, at the moment the best A320 is created by Project Airbus (but keep an eye out for the new one from IFDG). A quick search in the library will deliver instant results. A tip for you is to also download Pedro Oliveira's new FDE (a320fde.zip). This matched to the PA bus and Eric's panel is by far the best 320 bus experience.For the A330 - Look no further than Project Opensky's remarkable A330 V2. Available right here. Look for the new FDE uploaded today!Happy flying.Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Boone, thanks a lot. I am going searching.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I found that annoying little bug after January 1st too. I installed his patch and it didn't work. So, I reinstalled everything, tried it. Then installed the patch and tried it again. Eventually I got it to work, but I'm not sure how. I definately installed the patch at one point and it didn't work. After a while of installing the original, the first patch, and the new patch in differant orders, it worked. Go figure. Also, I don't recall any problems with the clickable spots. I know I've gotten to the pedestal, since that's where the radios are, and its always helpful to tune your ILS frequency before landing :).Joe Wagner

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I figured the reason for my problem out. It was my own fault. I had modified the panel with FS Panel Studio to fit for a bitmap I have created by myself. Working on this I have deleted the A320 clock. This caused the the PFD, the EFIS panel and the autopilot to quit. Now I reinstalled the clock (not visible at the right edge of the panel) and everything works fine again.Wolfgang

Hi WolfgangYou seem to have had the same idea as i had which was to make the two main gauges larger and more readable by means of a new bitmap and by means of FSpanelstudio and sacrificing the little used clock achieve this end.I too found that the clock had to be present but I managed to shoehorn it in and now have a fully readable version of probably the best freeware panel available.I also used the same techniques on various panels using the excellent (fs98 vintage) realcrt series gauges.The Jan 01 bug caused me hours of chasing before I spotted the patch on Eric's site.Regards

Thanks for this post. I use Eric's panel in FS2K2 with the PA A320 and had just about given up ever getting it to work again. I'd written to Eric, but like he makes clear on his web-site, he doesn't reply to e-mails. So now I've found the FS2K2 patch and it works again! Thanks guys.Strange though. I fully respect that because Eric's panels are freeware, he owes me no support at all, but a little e-mail with 'Patch and a link' is something that most freeware people would send with pleasure. Still, it's absolutely his right and choice. It has made me think, however, about whether I want to donate to him or not. Still undecided about that one. Whatever. If you do read this Eric, thank you very much for your A320 panel!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest plguzman

Hello.I installed the panel without no problems, but now theres no way I can make Navigation Data to work with FS2004. Installed the software and did everything, but it works only for FS2002.Any help will be very appreciated...Thanks,Pedro