Sign in to follow this  
kabekew

Revived "passengers vomiting in VNAV mode" thread

You must have a different add-on to me, mine does not do that..You also must have a different add-on to me, mine does not do that.
So you must be flying with CAVOK each time right?I use ASE, Last FSUIPC.Ican't get it stable.If you use it as well, post your settings then.

So you must be flying with CAVOK each time right?I use ASE, Last FSUIPC.Ican't get it stable.If you use it as well, post your settings then.
I'm having no problems either. Here's my settings:MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MBi5-2500K CPU oc 4.4 GHz8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 RAMEVGA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GPUCorsair 850HX PSU1 WD Raptor X 300 GB SATA HDD1 Seagate 320 GB SATA HDD1 WD 1 TB HDD Black CaviarPioneer DVR-111D DVD-RW PATAASUS VK246H 24" LCD monitorWin 7 Premium (64 bit)Forceware 285.62 video driverFSUIPC.ini:[General]UpdatedByVersion=4749dHistory=0DYUQD6ZIEGXHY40LICXOMouseWheelTrim=NoMouseWheelTrimSpeed=1JoystickTimeout=20PollGFTQ6=YesBlankDisplays=NoFixControlAccel=YesFixMachSpeedBug=NoVisibilityOptions=NoOneCloudLayer=NoCloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoGenerateCirrus=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoMaxIce=-4MinIce=-4UpperWindGusts=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=YesSuppressWindVariance=YesWindTurbulence=NoTurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,80,80SuppressAllGusts=YesMaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000SmoothBySimTime=NoWindSmoothing=NoWindSmoothness=2WindSmoothAirborneOnly=YesPressureSmoothness=0TemperatureSmoothness=0DisconnTrimForAP=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoWhiteMessages=NoShowPMcontrols=NoSpoilerIncrement=512MagicBattery=YesRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoClockSync=NoClockSyncMins=5ClearWeatherDynamics=NoOwnWeatherChanges=NoTimeForSelect=4LoadFlightMenu=NoLoadPlanMenu=NoPauseAfterCrash=NoBrakeReleaseThreshold=75SaveDataWithFlights=NoZapSound=fireworkShortAircraftNameOk=NoUseProfiles=YesEnableMouseLook=NoAxesWrongRange=NoTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40AxisCalibration=NoDirectAxesToCalibs=NoShowMultilineWindow=YesSuppressSingleline=NoSuppressMultilineFS=NoAxisIntercepts=NoDontResetAxes=NoInitDelay=0GetNearestAirports=NoWeatherReadFactor=2WeatherRewriteSeconds=1CustomWeatherModify=NoSimConnectStallTime=1LuaRerunDelay=66Console=NoFSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.61637.0SimConnectUsed=10.0.61259.0FSXOptions.cfg (ASE settings):[Options]fsVersion = FSXAutoRefreshAI = FalseDynamicRateofChangePercent = 0VATSIMDownloads = TrueAutomaticDownloadInterval = 20AutomaticDownloads = TrueCAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 50NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 50CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 50MaximumCloudLayers = 7MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100StratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 0MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 50MaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 150MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 100MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 50DisableWindsAloft = FalseWakeTurbulenceStrength = 25CreateVirtualStations = TrueEnhanceRouteCoverage = FalseDepictHurricanes = TrueEnableSkyScapeMode = FalseUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseForceHighPriority = TrueUpdateRange = 500EnableWindSmoothing = FalseEnableVisibilityGraduation = TrueEnableFogLayerSimulation = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueSuppressionRange = 200StartupWave = TrueEnableDirectWindControl = TrueShowSimMessages = TrueSupressOnGround = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TrueVoiceATIS = TrueThermalGenerationRatePercent = 0UpandDowndraftGenerationRatePercent = 50MaximumDowndraftRate = 300MaximumUpdraftThermalRate = 500DisableHazeLayer = TrueFogLayerGeneration = TrueDatFileOverwriteUserEdit = 0ForceWindLock = FalseSuppressionCeiling = 10000FSXDepictionMode = DWCPreventFSXCloudRedraws = TruePreventTstormsWithCB = FalseGraduationCeiling = 8000UseStratusForFog = TrueStratoCumulus = TruePostPlanGraphicsPrompt = False

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

i don't even have some of your setting in active sky. I have SP3 Worried.gif
Could be because I'm participating in a beta test for AS2012. Sorry.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

The other "issue" I have is relating to the decel's that are usually placed in between FL110 and FL100 on decent and the aforementioned minimum decent VS. These decels to get down below 250 should really be bigger so the VS can be maintained at a reasonable rate instead of near on levelling out. Quite often I'm seeing the bird go from a -1500 to -1800 VS to like -100 VS to reduce speed. Seems unrealistic, especially given that there's literally nothing stopping the aircraft beginning the decel at 11500 instead and flying 500VS instead or something like that.Note: I'm no pilot nor no boeing engineer. I'm just commenting on what I feel seems more appropriate.
The level off and decel is exactly how the real plane behaves, so it sounds like it's working correctly in that regard. There should be no ATC problem with this descend, level-off, decel, descend profile.

Matt Cee

Lol, what was the point of posting the setting then? happy.png . Happy to hear that new active sky works well will PMDG.

Lol, what was the point of posting the setting then? happy.png . Happy to hear that new active sky works well will PMDG.
It does. The reason I posted was because I had the exact same performance with ASE and the NGX...it's all been good.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

What's new in ASE 2012 version ?Thx

Guys, I'm really close to just locking this - a ton of people here are just posting their opinion on what they think the airplane should do without any evidence whatsoever for what really happens. We do not use the performance of other addons, the opinions of air traffic controllers, etc to design our product.I have several videos sitting in front of me taken by one of our tech team pilots over the weekend. One shows 7000 fpm in the climb on a very light 700WL, another shows the plane getting down almost 0 fpm while leveling off to accelerate. We're not going to entertain the idea that these things aren't possible when we have videos from the real thing showing them happening.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I think if anything this clarification and the course of the thread has only served to make it clearer why 'real pilots' say they use vertical speed hold instead of VNAV.Thanks Ryan.

I think if anything this clarification and the course of the thread has only served to make it clearer why 'real pilots' say they use vertical speed hold instead of VNAV.Thanks Ryan.
In the RW V/S is used mostly for very small altitude changes. ( 1000 ft, maybe a litle more )You certainly would never climb to your cruise altitude in V/S. ( very little or NO speed protection )There is nothing wrong with VNAV in the NGX..........if it used properly of course !Frd.

Another problem with the autopilot (since someone asked above) is the PMDG will completely level off in a climb to increase its speed. Again, it should reduce its climb rate, but not to zero. You can't do that in the real world without first advising ATC and it just doesn't happen unless it's a super-rare pilot's discretion climb or they're near the max of their altitude. Certainly not suddenly level off at 15,000 feet like I've seen with this when "ATC" simply assigns a faster speed.
The real autopilot will aim to maintain 500fpm as a minimum but it is not unusual to see it maintaining 400, 300 or even 200 for a long time until it settles at 500.... especially at high levels.Maybe you should jumpseat a little bit more ;-)

Guys, I'm really close to just locking this - a ton of people here are just posting their opinion on what they think the airplane should do without any evidence whatsoever for what really happens. We do not use the performance of other addons, the opinions of air traffic controllers, etc to design our product.I have several videos sitting in front of me taken by one of our tech team pilots over the weekend. One shows 7000 fpm in the climb on a very light 700WL, another shows the plane getting down almost 0 fpm while leveling off to accelerate. We're not going to entertain the idea that these things aren't possible when we have videos from the real thing showing them happening.
Can I see the video with 7000fpm. That's some crazy military kind of flying.

No it is not "crazy military flying" - with an extremely light airplane, the right atmospheric conditions (cold) and the right thrust usage, that's exactly what you'll see. If you read a few pages back I explain why V/S doesn't actually mean anything at all - as long as you don't go from 0-7000 in a couple seconds, it feels exactly the same as climbing at any other rate does - 1G. The only way to tell it's steeper than normal would be looking at the angle of the horizon out the window. A ton of you who've flown in real life were probably at "high" V/S rates too and didn't even know it. Certain airplanes can peg the VSI even at heavier weights - the A319, 757-200, the 767s, the 777s etc are all really overpowered and climb like crazy. I've personally been a passenger on several 757 flights that reached cruise in about 10 minutes - I have no doubt the V/S was very "high" at the start, probably in excess of 6000fpm.At any rate - here's what's been done. One of our tech team members took video for us this past weekend of a variety of these speed changes. We've tweaked the algorithm to match the videos now for SP1B - it was slightly (and I do mean slightly) too fast in the onset of the pitch change. We're not going to be entertaining further complaints about this - I saw the videos and compared them and the NGX is as close as it can be.Done. Finito.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com