Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

FSX Addon area

I had to delete and re-install FSX. No problem with that and no problem re-installing the 737 NGX files. I have not re-installed the 747 or MD 11. However, I noticed that the PMDG area within the Addon section is no longer there. FSUIPC and others are there. Anyone have any idea how to get PMDG back? Could the problem be that the other PMDG products are not re-installed as yet?Jack Fentress

Could the problem be that the other PMDG products are not re-installed as yet?
Pretty much! Since the NGX doesn't use menus anymore, PMDG didn't designed a "PMDG" menu for the tab up there. That should be the reason why you don't see it there. If you reinstall the 747 or the MD-11, since they both have menus, the PMDG menu would appear again. Does it makes sense?

Matheus Mafra

Maybe as a hint, you should install the 747 the 11 and than the 737 (if you want to install the 747 and the 11 of course). Somewhere somebody from PMDG (at least I think so) said thats the best way to install the products, so that nothing gets overridden or older as it should be (AIRAC Cycles). ;)

Well, both pretty good suggestions. I'll try the MD 11/747 installations without deleting the 737 and see what happens.Thanks for the quick responses.Jack

Maybe you can look for your AIRAC afterwards. It would be interesting to know if an old AIRAC gets installed over the new one with the old installer.

John.........As a matter of fact, when I did the re-installation, the "old Airac" was installed. No problem though, just installed 1111 and things were current.Jack

Matheus/John.........That was it. After re-installing the MD 11, PMDG did in fact show up in the addon section. Another "worldclass" problem solved at PMDG forums.Jack