Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbass

Prop Textures and FSX

I don't visit airports just to see aircraft taking off and landing. However, I do program hundreds of prop aircraft for my AI environment. I keep seeing repaints containing FSX prop textures and I was wondering what is the problem that developers would take the time to "paint" these prop textures. Because I use a central storage methodology for all my "standard" aircraft textures (props, light maps, etc) there is no way to determine what prop textures have been "upgraded" to FSX.So, I was wondering if one or more developers would embark upon a project to provide a complete set of FSX prop textures for all the aircraft that are designed as prop aircraft. Of course, if this is a violation of some developer rights then it's probably not feasible. But, I would think that all of us who use FSX would really appreciate a source for these FSX prop textures.Below is a list of prop aircraft that need FSX prop textures. NOTE: This is a list of FS9 designed aircraft that work in the FSX AI environment.Of course, if this is not an issue then disregard. Thanks.AIG Pilatus PC-12BRO (Brosemann) BE55BRO BE58BRO GA8 AirvanBRO PC-12BUC (Buchner) DO-228BUR (Burrus) DC-3BUR Lockheed EP-3ECDAI Beechcraft B1900DCRO (Cronin) Cirrus SR22CRO Antonov AN-28CRO Harbin Y-12CRO Mitsubishi MU-2 MarquiseCRO Piper Cheyenne II PA-31TCRO Piper Seneca PA-34CRO Piper WarriorCRO Rockwell 690B Turbo CommanderDEF (Default FS9) Beechcraft Baron 58DEF Cesna C172DEF Cesna C208BDEF Douglas DC-3DJC British Aerospace Jetstream JS-41DJC Fairchild Merliin IIIDJC Fairchild Metroliner IIDJC Fairchild Metroliner IIIDJC Fairchild Metroliner IVDUM (Dumant) Robin DR400GRA (Grant) Aviat Husky A-1BGRA De Havilland Beaver DHC-2AGRA De Havilland Beaver DHC-2FGRA De Havilland Otter DHC-3GRA De Havilland Otter DHC-3TAGRA Noorduyn Aviation NorsemanFRA (French VFR-Dantes) Cessna C150FRA Cessna C172FRA Diamond DA40FRA Diamond DA42FRA Piper PA28FRA Robin DR400FRA Scota RallyeFRA Scota TB9FRA Grumann TrackerFSP Fokker F-50FSP Saab S340BHAL (Hall-GAI) Beechcraft BE76 DuchessGIB (AI Propliners) Convair CV-240GIB (AI Propliners) Convair CV-440GIB Convair CV-580GIB Convair CV-640GIB Curtis C-46A CommandoGIB Doublas DC6BGIB Doublas DC-7HIL (Hill) Beechcraft King Air B200HJG (Historic Jets Group) British Aerospace Jetstream JS-32JBS Dornier DO-328-100KUH (Kuhnt) Britten Norman BN-2A IslanderKUH Britten Norman BN-2AMk3 TrislanderKUH Hawker Siddley HS748MAR (Martinez) British Aerospace BAe 146-100MAR British Aerospace BAe 146-200MAR British Aerospace BAe 146-300MAR Dornier DO-228-100MAR Dornier DO-228-200MAR Fokker F-28-4000MAR FokkerOSP Aerospatiale ATR 42-300, -400, -500OSP Aerospatiale ATR 72-200, -210, -500PAI Aerospatiale ATR 42-300PAI Aerospatiale ATR 72-200-500PAI Beechcraft B1900DPAI British Aerospace ATPPAI British Aerospace BAe 146-200PAI British Aerospace Jetstream JS-31PAI British Aerospace Jetstream JS-41PAI De Havilland DH8A-B, -C, -DPAI De Havilland DHC-6PAI Dornier DO-328PAI Fokker F-50PAI Saab S340BPAI Saab S2000PIE (Pieters) CASA C212-100SCH (Schacht) LET L-410STO (Stone) Beechcraft Queen Air 65STO Beechcraft Queen Air A65STO British Aerospace BAe 146-300STO Cessna 337 SkymasterSTO De Havilland C-7 CaribouSTO Fokker F-27 Mk500STO Gippsland GA8 AirvanTFS Saab S340ATFS Saab S340BTFS Saab S2000TOM (Toman) Piper Archer III PA-28TOM Piper ArrowTOM Piper Cherrokee PA-28-180TOM Piper Seneca PA-34TOM Piper Warrior PA-28WAT (Watkins) Shorts SC7 Ser3 SkyvanWAL (Waldron-Tomkiewicz) ALL PROPS (Freeware & Payware)Sorry about the long list - we can't upload a text file to AVSIMFrank

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I ran a search as you suggested. However, there was a lot of talk of prop textures but most of the solutions were very general and associated with changing the actual texture file. Personally, I don't have enough knowledge of doing that sort of thing - ie fixing a prop texture file. Perhaps someone could provide detailed instructions to solve this issue - preferably not using Photoshop (too expensive and too high of a learning curve). I use Paint Shop Pro (cheaper and easier to learn-use).Frank