Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wendall

Any good V-22 ospreys for FSX?

Hi,Well, are there? good model, and relatively nice VC would be nice.I remember seeing one in a screenshot forum, but the poster didn't say which one...Any Ideas?Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Well, are there? good model, and relatively nice VC would be nice.I remember seeing one in a screenshot forum, but the poster didn't say which one...Any Ideas?Thanks,
Virtavia has one at the FlightSimstore.com.Best regards,Jim

I bought the Wilco Tilt Rotor. It's decent enough. I don't fly it much as I'm more into fixed wings but it remains in my hangar for showing it off to friends.

I bought it too...but it changes my joystick assignments, so I hardly ever try to fly it.Stan

As far as I know, two such addons are available for FSX:- Virtavia's V22 Osprey (which is in essence the old Alphasim product).- Wilco's BA609 Tiltrotor, an aircraft based on the same principles.If they are any good, is a matter of personal opinion :)The reason why the number of addons for such type of aircraft is so limited, is twofold:- FSX doesn't support true VTOL operation, other then for "simple" helicopter models. Let alone aircraft types with inherent mixed helo/airplane flight models like the V22.- Potential users of such aircraft addon's seem to expect that you can realistically emulate/fly such type of aircraft with a simple joystick or flightyoke as controller; which you can't . Rob