Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

What joystick/flight controler should I get?

For the longest time I have used the Microsoft Sidwinder joystick for my flight simming, but it is time for me to upgrade. Plus the stick I have now is on the way out (no matter how many times I calibrate it my plane can not stay on the centerline of the runway during take off (it always veers to the left or right) with no wind).I don't have a lot of money to spent (the Saitek PRO Flight X-65F is much to expensive for me). I am looking to spend in the $100 to $115 range. What would you reccommend?

Forgot to mention that I have Windows 7 if that makes a difference or not.

CH Products USB Flight Sim Yoke, $119 at Amazon.Cheers,- jahman.
Would that be good to fly helicopters and military jetstoo? Cause I like to fly those as well as civilian jets.

Guest jahman

Ah, yes, you did say joystick...Cheers,- jahman.

Well I don't HAVE to get a joystick. But I would need something that I can use for civilian planes. helicopters, and Military jets.

Guest jahman

If you want to fly helos you do really need a stick.Cheers,- jahman.

How is the Saitek X52 USB Flight Control System? I found one on sale for $97.99 (the pro version is $199.99). I might spend the extra money on the pro if it is worth it. Also how is the Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick? I am willing to spend a bit more (not that much more) if it will get me a better controller.I have seen reviews for these but would like to hear from avsim users who have used these controloers.

Anyone have any opinions one the controls I mentioned in the post above??

The Thrustmaster T16000 is, IMHO, the best consumer-grade joystick on the market today. At $50 here in the USA, it comes with non-contacting Hall Effect sensors on the pitch and roll axes, and a fairly sophisticated advanced configuration utility also used for the much higher-end Warthog HOTAS system (optional--it works just fine as a standard Windows HID controller without any additional software). The HE sensors make for very smooth and precise control. The throttle slider is NOT a HE sensor, however, but a traditional potentiometer, albeit of apparent higher quality than those used in some other offerings (like the cheap trimmer pots used in the Saitek throttle quadrants, for example).

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ok, i cant reccomend this one enough...i got 1, had it for 11(!) years, and it is STILL like new..its just perfect.It has 12 buttons and 5 axis, a throttle handle...2 ways of controlling the rudder..( twist the stick or use the slider on the back of the throttle..soo comfy that way)...a hat switch..ectEverything u'll ever need in a joystick.Check it out :http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001CXYMFS/ref=s9_bbs_gw_d22_g63_ir05?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0V2GPYD9VC7QCBCAZAD0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Spook, I use a CH setup at over $300 but if on a budget I think you are correct. That Tflight looks like it has to be the best choice for a budget controller setup, based on all the Amazon reviews....

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X. Meaty throttle hadle. Solid stick. I love it. Sturdy, fine control, no dead space in the center. 12 buttons to assign commands. Twist action. Adjustable resistance .Have had for a year without a snag.Eytan