Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

US Cities by Aerosoft and FSDreamteam and Flytampa

As Benjamin said Sasha (the developer for LimeSim who makes this series) has stated many times on the aerosoft forums that to keep cost down they are limited to day/summer textures. And they are a good deal as well if you are a VFR flyer for these areas as they include some out of the way airstrips/airports. I think that is what they are aiming for, a target market of VFR flyers.I would like to note that I have beta tested for LimeSim and they are in no way trying to "fleece" anyone.

As Benjamin said Sasha (the developer for LimeSim who makes this series) has stated many times on the aerosoft forums that to keep cost down they are limited to day/summer textures. And they are a good deal as well if you are a VFR flyer for these areas as they include some out of the way airstrips/airports. I think that is what they are aiming for, a target market of VFR flyers.I would like to note that I have beta tested for LimeSim and they are in no way trying to "fleece" anyone.
I can certainly agree that a VOR 'daytime only' pilot would definitely enjoy the buildings in Aerosoft "San Francisco" and add that the buildings themselves in daytime flight are SPECTACULAR. The only caveat I have is that other add-ons together with this one might result in some 'stuttering' which could require a reduction in resolution settings (dumbing-down the graphics settings) to remedy.Robert.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Very true. These sceneries are rather heavy on the frames. Unsurprising of course, since there are hundreds of individual buildings modeled. Might I add though that there an option to replace some buildings with autogen? That way the amount of "solid" buildings i decreased and the amount of autogen goes up. You can then have lower autogen settings and as such fewer buildings which results in higher FPS. As for me? I'm stubborn. I want to see the full amount of buildings.By the way, USCities San Francisco and Chicago are probably the worst performers in the series due to the hugeness of the cities they are modeling. USCities Buffalo performs vastly better.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Very true. These sceneries are rather heavy on the frames. Unsurprising of course, since there are hundreds of individual buildings modeled. Might I add though that there an option to replace some buildings with autogen? That way the amount of "solid" buildings i decreased and the amount of autogen goes up. You can then have lower autogen settings and as such fewer buildings which results in higher FPS. As for me? I'm stubborn. I want to see the full amount of buildings.By the way, USCities San Francisco and Chicago are probably the worst performers in the series due to the hugeness of the cities they are modeling. USCities Buffalo performs vastly better.
After being born and raised to age 8 in Buffalo, I can share one thought with you.Won't be buying any "Special Deluxe Scenery Pack" for Ice Station Zebra (KBUF).It was so bad growing up ("How bad was it?") we used to tie ropes to each other as we departed for school, hammering Pitons into the icy snowbanks left behind by the snow removal machines. When we returned home at the end of the day, we had to muster in the mud room for removal of our sherpa climbing gear and Freddie Krueger ski masks... Then we had roll call. Hopefully the total number of returning kids was equal to or higher than the count that departed in the morning, but I'm just sayin...Some people call it "The Lake Effect" some people call it a slingblade...Most of the documentaries about Antarctica are filmed in Buffalo.Robert

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

@tutmiester. I got those rhythmic freezes too. Try moving scenery complexity down one notch below the highest. Also for these sceneries set road traffic to zero. This is critical. I know it's weird to fly around a city with no cars but there's some bug in fsx that makes the card kill your performance in these types of sceneries.
Turning the scenery complexity down from very dense to dense and turning off road traffic did in fact work. I now get a grand total of 9 frames per second at KORD whereas I get 30FPS on the ground at KLAS with Aerosoft Las Vegas, as a similarly sized addon in close proximity to a downtown area.

I have the Aerosoft New Orleans along with the Free KMSY airport update and the amount of updated scenery for the area is so spread out and so weak it is hard to even notice. The freeware airport update is much better than the Aerosoft addon. Mostly the Lakefront airport and the old NAS has some decent new scenery but it is totally impossible to match the blue-green color of the photo scenery in the US Cities New Orleans. I tried shifting the time week by week to get a color match with the default color and it was a no go. I have no idea where they found the photo scenery for the package. Maybe Venus or Neptune.Ray

Edited by raymar

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .