Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bert Pieke

Renaming an FSX airport

I found that FSX has Bend Muni (Oregon) as S07, whereas it is now called KBDN in real life.Using ADE, I was able to load S07 and change the name to KBDN and save it into the Addon Scenery folder.So now, I have two entries for Bend Muni in the FSX Airports list, as well as on the FSX map.Is there a way of disabling S07, or am I stuck with it?

Bert

Guest venustus01

I am not sure, but I think default airports cannot be disabled.But I would love to know if it is possible?

It is possible to change the name and other details of an airport. It is not possible to remove the ICAO ident (except by hacking the stock file and this is strongly discouraged!). You can remove all evidence of the original airport on the ground but you will still see two idents in the list.

Jon

-------

Microsoft Flight Sim MVP

Airport Design Editor FSDeveloper.com

OK, thanks for the feedback - and Jon, many thanks for ADE which is truly brilliant!im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Bert

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now