HiI have run into something strange that I have not seen before. Clouds Redraws every 5-10 min!?From the beginning with FSX and ASE in DWC mode and the Prevent Cloud Redraw in FSX is ticked I havenever seen any redraw of clouds. Now suddenly it happens. So..What have I done I asked my self. For a week a have been flying around with some small airplanes around myhome town in Sweden so I set the weather to Smooth Cloud Transitions. I worked OK at low level and low speeds.Then I got into Airliners again, PMDGs new 737NGX released a SP1. So I changed the ASE back to DWC modewith Prevent Cloud Redraw ticked but the Cloud Redraws have started anyway. No idea why ??Anyone seen this before?? Have something else changed that makes FSX redraw for some reason ??I have a Core2 Quad with 4 Gb mem and using the /3GB setting including some Userva=???Nvidia Geforce 465 GTX, SSD disksI have also reduced the Liverys to max 1 Mb/file, and using the low res version of VC cockpitSo I do not have any mem problem. Or can it be something with PMDGs 737 !?I think I will go for a flight with the iFly 737 and see what happens.Here is my FSXOptions.cfg and after is the FSUIPC.cfg, I have full license of it.ASE Build: 647[Options]FSVersion = FSXDynamicRateofChangePercent = 40VATSIMDownloads = FalseAutomaticDownloadInterval = 15AutomaticDownloads = TrueCAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 0NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 10CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 20MaximumCloudLayers = 10MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 20MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 50StratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 15MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 100MaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 74MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 15MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 35MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 25DisableWindsAloft = FalseWakeTurbulenceStrength = 30CreateVirtualStations = FalseEnhanceRouteCoverage = FalseDepictHurricanes = FalseEnableSkyScapeMode = FalseUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseForceHighPriority = FalseUpdateRange = 500EnableWindSmoothing = FalseEnableVisibilityGraduation = TrueEnableFogLayerSimulation = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueSuppressionRange = 200StartupWave = FalseEnableDirectWindControl = TrueShowSimMessages = FalseSupressOnGround = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalseVoiceATIS = FalseThermalGenerationRatePercent = 25UpandDowndraftGenerationRatePercent = 25MaximumDowndraftRate = 234MaximumUpdraftThermalRate = 256DisableHazeLayer = TrueFogLayerGeneration = TrueDatFileOverwriteUserEdit = 0PreventFSXCloudRedraws = TruePreventTstormsWithCB = FalseSuppressionCeiling =FSXDepictionMode = DWCGraduationCeiling = 10000ForceWindLock = FalseFSUIPC.ini[General]UpdatedByVersion=4703History=K8D6D1UBU2EVCRXJLC6RBTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40AxisCalibration=NoDirectAxesToCalibs=NoShowMultilineWindow=YesSuppressSingleline=YesSuppressMultilineFS=NoAxisIntercepts=NoWeatherReadFactor=1WeatherRewriteSeconds=1CustomWeatherModify=NoSimConnectStallTime=1Console=NoDontResetAxes=NoUseASEweather=YesGetNearestAirports=NoLuaRerunDelay=66TurbulenceRate=0.0,0.0TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,80,80SuppressWindTurbulence=YesSuppressWindVariance=YesMouseWheelTrim=NoMouseWheelTrimSpeed=1JoystickTimeout=20PollGFTQ6=YesBlankDisplays=NoFixControlAccel=NoFixMachSpeedBug=NoVisibilityOptions=NoOneCloudLayer=NoCloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoGenerateCirrus=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoMaxIce=3MinIce=-1UpperWindGusts=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=YesMaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000SmoothBySimTime=YesWindSmoothing=YesWindSmoothness=-3WindSmoothAirborneOnly=YesPressureSmoothness=20TemperatureSmoothness=100DisconnTrimForAP=NoZeroElevForAPAlt=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoWhiteMessages=NoShowPMcontrols=NoSpoilerIncrement=512MagicBattery=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoClockSync=NoClockSyncMins=5ClearWeatherDynamics=NoOwnWeatherChanges=NoTimeForSelect=4LoadFlightMenu=NoLoadPlanMenu=NoPauseAfterCrash=NoBrakeReleaseThreshold=75SaveDataWithFlights=YesZapSound=fireworkShortAircraftNameOk=NoUseProfiles=No[JoyNames]AutoAssignLetters=No1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals1.GUID={458E5670-CC8F-11DF-8004-444553540000}0=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke0.GUID={E37DACA0-D0E4-11E0-8002-444553540000}[WideServer]WideFSenabled=No[GPSout]Port=COM1Speed=4800Interval=2000PosTo6Decimal=NoSentences=GPSoutEnabled=No[sounds]Path=F:\Games\FlightSimX\Sound\Device1=Primary Sound DriverDevice2=VIA HD Audio Output[Window.Radar Contact]Docked=33, 981, 2532, 2429[buttons]ButtonRepeat=20,10EliminateTransients=Yespollinterval=50[AutoSave]AutoSaveEnabled=No[GPSout2]GPSoutEnabled=NoPort=<none set>Speed=4800Interval=2000PosTo6Decimal=NoSentences=[JoystickCalibration]AllowSuppressForPFCquad=YesExcludeThrottleSet=YesExcludeMixtureSet=YesExcludePropPitchSet=YesSepRevsJetsOnly=NoApplyHeloTrim=NoUseAxisControlsForNRZ=NoFlapsSetControl=0FlapDetents=NoReverserControl=66292Reverser1Control=66422Reverser2Control=66425Reverser3Control=66428Reverser4Control=66431MaxThrottleForReverser=256AileronTrimControl=66731RudderTrimControl=66732CowlFlaps1Control=66162CowlFlaps2Control=66163CowlFlaps3Control=66164CowlFlaps4Control=66165SteeringTillerControl=0MaxSteerSpeed=60[Window.AirHauler Message]Docked=254, 3410, 3552, 763Rgs,/Pär W Sweden

Per W Sweden

Do this to test it out:1. Get rid of dynamic rate of change - put it to 0;2. Set enhance route coverage - of course file flight plan to ASE;3. Get rid of UseASEweather from FSUIPC. This is useless setting, not helping anything.Once you start your flight, click weather settings off in FSUIPC and take a flight. BE suer to monitor your winds to make sure all is as it supposed to be.After, tell me if your problem is solved.

Tom Link

Nothing happend, same problem. Only thing that really happend was when I pressed Weather settings off in FSUIPC, all weather disappeared !!

Per W Sweden

In my opinion, something is blocking your sim connection between ASE and FSX. Can you confirm that ASE is connected to FSX when this happens? YOu should see it on the status main page.

Tom Link

Did a flight with iFly 737 and saw the same problem, so it is not then PMDG that's the problem. So I took the PMDS for rideand on a couple of times the clouds disappeared completetly for 1-2 seconds then with a blink all was back exactly where theywas from start. Weird!! Yesterday I took a flight between Copenhagen and Heathrow because it was a lot of clouds in that area,Copenhagen reported OC at 700 and I came above the clouds around 10 000 then it was scattered on the trip. The haze alsolooks like it is not working, I have set it to 10 000 and 80 miles but could see the whole horizon above the clouds. Read somewherethat the skycolor can do some tricks. I am using REX, will change sky tonight. i will also go through my FSX.cfg, it can be that I amoverstressing fsx so it just disable clouds when it needs power to something else. I have tweaked it a lot. So one step I will do if Idon't fix it is to let FSX create a new untouched version to see what happens and just go for a flight without doing anything to it.Something have changed, I am 100% sure of that. Because for the last 1-2 years I have never seen cloud redraws like this with ASE.

Per W Sweden

LOL.gifLOL.gif I think I found the problem Whistle.gifToday at work, I work as a IT consultant with MS-SQL server and development, I started to recall what I had changed.When I was flying around at my hometown at low levels with small planes I wanted better looking lakes so I installedFS WaterConfigurator. And because of that Bojotes shaders did not work well with it I removed Bojote. And I alsoneeded more power because I increased the graphic settings to almost max. I have UTX, GEX and some mesh for Europe.So I set Affinitymask=15 and that means all cores to FSX. So all looked very nice at low levels.What I did today was removing FS Waterconfig and put Bojotes back and also reduced Affinitymask to 14, leave core no 1 alone.Now I am on a little test flight with a lots of clouds below me and NO redraw or flicker. GREAT . Hope it works Praying.gifSo am planning a 3 hour flight to see that it really works. ASE and RC4 to.I will let you know./Per W Sweden

Per W Sweden

It all works now as it should, have done several flights with the PMDG 737NGX. All models.No problem what so ever.Also testing the latest ASE Beta 651 in DWC and it works great, no strange things./Per W

Per W Sweden

Can I ask you for one thing? Can you observe winds while running DWC? I am looking for situation where that all of a sudden return to destination airport - while flying.

Tom Link

Can I ask you for one thing? Can you observe winds while running DWC? I am looking for situation where that all of a sudden return to destination airport - while flying.
I have this exact problem too, since I purchased the product, and couldn't find a workaround ever since. I gave up long long ago and decided to live with that. In my case when it happens, it turns back to normal in a minute or so.As a sidenote, that never happens without FSUIPC installed (fsuipc.dll removed from modules folder) by the way. I use FSUIPC for several addons so I can't give it up. Even if it's configured not to interfere with weather (all weather settings turned off), the problem occurs if FSUIPC is loaded.

One more try. When you use ASE, do you always pop up X-Gauge? If yes, can you do a flight in DWC, but do not turn x-gauge at all. And report winds or issues, please.

Tom Link

I have taking notes of winds at departure and destinations from ASEs windows. So far they have been different. I have not seen the wind in mid flight suddenly change to destinations ground wind. Winds duringflight have always been far stronger and different headings. I do not use x-gauge, I see no use for it. I have FSUIPC full license with some weather smoothing settings. I have also cross checked winds in ASE andwhat FSX reports (shift-z), differ a little but that is a known issue. I use DWC with Force wind, Lock desitination, Enhance Route and the one next to it that adds extra stations if there is a cap.And I also always loads the flightplan into ASETo me FSX, ASE, FSUIPC, RC4 and PMDG 737NGX works perfect. Nothing strange or crazy. So far the weather/clouds and winds at destination have been what ASE had said in it's report tab(the first one to the left) when I checked 100 miles ahead or before takeoff.I will keep monitoring the weather and keep records so I can see if something was strange on the flight

Per W Sweden

Hi, I was actually talking to doruks, not you, but hey, since you are not using x-gauge and have weather how it should be then it is telling me something too. Thanks for that.As for FSUIPC, with DWC all weather settings should be off.

Tom Link

Hi,I don't use x-gauge.

One more try. When you use ASE, do you always pop up X-Gauge? If yes, can you do a flight in DWC, but do not turn x-gauge at all. And report winds or issues, please.