Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

After SP1 Autopilot problems. Need urgent help with this

Hi allWhere do I startJust did a flight and had the same problem befotre. I thought there is a prob with that flight that day or maybe I made a mistake when entering the data that day.Just now I had exactly the same problem.I flew EGPK to EDDT. After some time into the flight I got the msg on the FMC 'Unable to CRZ Altidude'Also I had a yellow CWS P on the left screen. The plane was unable to get up to FL350. Before I was able to fly at FL410Bearly making the FL300 which I had to do manually and lost a lot of speed with that the plane was weaving from left to right and didn't hold course with LNAVa s if we had high winds but we only had 5 knotsat altitude. Nothing to write home about.Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong in the MCP and FMCThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

What's the outside air temperature when this happens? That's usually the cause of poor climb performance

Cant' say what the temp was. Will neeed to check the next time. But also this weaving is strange not being able to hold the courseThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

" Unable CRZ Altitude " is an advisory message telling you that there is no time for a cruise phase using the selected cruise altitude.You must be already close to your TOD point.Is it a short flight ??( clear the message and enter a lower cruise altitude. Engage VNAV again. )Fred.

" Unable CRZ Altitude " is an advisory message telling you that there is no time for a cruise phase using the selected cruise altitude.You must be already close to your TOD point.Is it a short flight ??( clear the message and enter a lower cruise altitude. Engage VNAV again. )Fred.
FredIt is actually a medium distance flight from the west coast of Scotland to Berlin. The msg comes fairly soon after the take off maybe around 15 minutes at FL 150Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1I think all this is being caused by your weather settings.
KennethVery interesting post and I will read it in due course in full. I use the real weather data and fly on VATSIM. I will check this in depth but I feel this is not the problemThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

KennethVery interesting post and I will read it in due course in full. I use the real weather data and fly on VATSIM. I will check this in depth but I feel this is not the problemThx Ian
If you're using Fsinn for your weather it's definitely the problem

Ian!We need a lot more info!1. Are you loading from a saved flight?2. Or are you loading from Free Flight?3. How about your TOW and fuel for that flight.4. Have you done a proper trim of the ac when done your preflight?5. How about a screenie where we could see the PFD, ND, Engine display and the MCP.Could be a weather issue, but you said there were hardly no winds at all.....Do a Flight again and take a screenie./ Leffe

Ian!We need a lot more info!1. Are you loading from a saved flight?2. Or are you loading from Free Flight?3. How about your TOW and fuel for that flight.4. Have you done a proper trim of the ac when done your preflight?5. How about a screenie where we could see the PFD, ND, Engine display and the MCP.Could be a weather issue, but you said there were hardly no winds at all.....Do a Flight again and take a screenie./ Leffe
Yes Leffe will do. Will take a few days but will and update this post.Thx all

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

As stated above climibing issues are usually an FSINN problem and you should never use FSINN weather Ever! Make sure you have this disabled completely in FSINN. I would also suggest you get a good weather program such Activesky Evolution. Best and most important addon you will ever buy for FSX.The Weaving back and forth is called s-turnng or autopilot hunting and the only way to fix it is the link provided above that I wrote about weather settings.

Hello everybody,

I'm sort of encountering the same problem:

I'm unable to fly heights I've flown before on the same routes.

In fact, setting up the FMC already gives me the message: Unable crz alt.

I'm flying on IVAO, and switching off the weather system didn't give me any success.

Also the static weather in FSX is no help: the problem keeps popping up, and it's

frustrating me terribly!

Please help!

Also I had a yellow CWS P on the left screen.

Check your null zones. You somehow activated CWS (Control Wheel Steering - coupled pilot and auto-pilot control). Check also that you do not have CWS mapped to a button.

As for "UNABLE CRZ ALTITUDE" this is often the result of having insufficient distance for the weight to make the selected cruise altitude, even if you are flying 1500 nm. Select a lower cruise altitude. General rule: if your trip distance is less than ~200 nm, your cruise altitude wants to be your trip distance plus 50% for the NGX, e.g. if the distance is 160 nm, you can comfortably cruise at 16+8 = 24000 ft. Sure, the aircraft has the performance to make higher, but good luck getting down again without ending up high/fast (how often do we read that in these forums??).

Best regards,

Robin.