Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Aivlasoft's Electronic Flight Bag review by Chase Kreznor

Nice review Chase.I'm glad to see the EFB has the AVSIM Gold Star to add to all their other accolades. My overview was more of a summary and user overview and I kept hoping someone would do a full review. I use the EFB all the time and agree it is almost necessary for FSX.One feature that seems to really stand out is the use of EFB with those addons that don't support Navigraph or maybe I should say those add ons that don't let Navigraph support them. For instance, using EFB with the Aerosoft AirbusX instantly make all the SIDS, STARS. approaches, charts, etc and the Navigraph near monthly updates available to the AirbusX plus a lot of other features that were not designed into that version.Another is the new feelThere LE Phenom 100 VLJ. In effect, using the EFB with the Phenom100 almost makes the LE an LX by adding the SIDS, STARS, and full package of Navigraph charts and approaches to the Phenom FMS.And as you stated in the review, the support is legendary.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The only thing that keeps me from ordering this is that it can't record a flight path. I'd be using it to support instrument training, and I'd like to be able to fly and play back/analyze a flight.FWIW I emailed about this and they said it's a really good idea, so maybe we'll see it soon.Also, I'm not really clear on how all the content gets updated.Thanks for the review,Andrew

The only thing that keeps me from ordering this is that it can't record a flight path. I'd be using it to support instrument training, and I'd like to be able to fly and play back/analyze a flight.FWIW I emailed about this and they said it's a really good idea, so maybe we'll see it soon.Also, I'm not really clear on how all the content gets updated.Thanks for the review,Andrew
That is just about all you have to do is give them a hint and before you know it, it is in the next update.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .