Thanks Zack.I just bought the alcohol. The damn compound is a little expensive for just one drop. But hey best things don't come cheaper.I will report back tomorrow

Thanks Zack.I just bought the alcohol. The damn compound is a little expensive for just one drop. But hey best things don't come cheaper.I will report back tomorrow
You can keep what's left for future installs for as long as you need

Just as an FYI, I use the Corsair H70 and my 2600k is at 4.6 Ghz @ 1.32 voltsIdle temps are in the mid 30's and full load with Prime 95 stress test is at 68c on two cores and around 63c on the other two cores.No idea what temps I get with FSX running - never bothered to check, but I am sure it will be much lower than the stress test temps.

No idea what temps I get with FSX running - never bothered to check, but I am sure it will be much lower than the stress test temps.
Yup. Even my (albeit modded) H50 is capable of that. His H60 shouldn't be any different.FSX surely brings on much lower temps, so I'd hate to see what Matias's temps were topping out at during Prime95/OCCT/Etc testing!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well, i bought the compound already. As soon as i get home i will install it again and see what happens. I've been looking for a new case too.I just hope that is not the microprocessor.I have a liitle issue, i can't get stability at 4.5. I have the vcore at 1.38 and sometimes i get blue screens. The only way i get stability is with offset.For 4.5 and 4.7 in wich range of vcore should i try?

Well, i bought the compound already. As soon as i get home i will install it again and see what happens. I've been looking for a new case too.I just hope that is not the microprocessor.I have a liitle issue, i can't get stability at 4.5. I have the vcore at 1.38 and sometimes i get blue screens. The only way i get stability is with offset.For 4.5 and 4.7 in wich range of vcore should i try?
None right now with those temps. The voltage required between 4.5 and 4.6/7 will jump considerably. That being said you need to set a MAX voltage (and temp) you are willing to put through your CPU, and then take whatever speed you're stable at. If that doesn't allow for 4.5GHz, so be it. Cut your losses and stick to 4.4 or whatever you get.My personal max is 1.36V/80C. Some use 1.4v. Still some use 1.5v(eeek).

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

OK, I'm running the test. I'm in 4.5 with an offset of 0,010+ at 70C. i think this is the top at least until i get the new case.I'm quite happy.One thing i don't get is if i use offset the vcore get up to 1.38, and i'm stable, but if i set the vcore manually to 1,38 i'm not.

OK, I'm running the test. I'm in 4.5 with an offset of 0,010+ at 70C. i think this is the top at least until i get the new case.I'm quite happy.One thing i don't get is if i use offset the vcore get up to 1.38, and i'm stable, but if i set the vcore manually to 1,38 i'm not.
That's normal, it's called Vdroop. You can mitigate it's effect or even cancel it completely increasing Load Line Calibration in your BIOSOne thing I saw in your memory settings is the command rate is set to 1T and the latencies 9-9-9-24. I'm not sure about this, but I think the command rate should be 2T (or 2N, it's the same)Your RAM is actually rated at 1600MHz 9-9-9-27 2T (?) so I would set that manually

That's normal, it's called Vdroop. You can mitigate it's effect or even cancel it completely increasing Load Line Calibration in your BIOSOne thing I saw in your memory settings is the command rate is set to 1T and the latencies 9-9-9-24. I'm not sure about this, but I think the command rate should be 2T (or 2N, it's the same)Your RAM is actually rated at 1600MHz 9-9-9-27 2T (?) so I would set that manually
Gracias DarioI set LLC to Extreme and now i'm stable at 1.38. I also set like you said. So far so good. Praying.gif

Set it back to Ultra High, Matias. Extreme will actually give a good bit more voltage than what is set in the BIOS. I don't like that.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Set it back to Ultra High, Matias. Extreme will actually give a good bit more voltage than what is set in the BIOS. I don't like that.
+1

Well, I set it back to Ultra High. At the end i got a BSOD while I was flying. Cry.gif So, I went back to offset.Tomorrow i will buy the case. Maybe it is not a big improve but i will be something.Thanks for all your help guys.

Offset mode (cpu voltage) and load line calibration are completely different settings. What you have stated does not make sense.

Offset mode (cpu voltage) and load line calibration are completely different settings. What you have stated does not make sense.
Oh OK. Maybe I shouldn't put it on the same sentence.I just set back LLC to Ultra High as per Zach recommendation. And then i set the offset because its the only way i get stability, it seems.

its the only way i get stability, it seems.
Did you try setting the RAM speed & timings manually, especially the Command Rate? Wouldn't be the first time that RAM is the source of the instability