Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Responding to ATC via yoke/joystick button. Is it possible?

I did a quick search on this topic but didn't find anything relevant..I want to map a key on my yoke or joystick to respond to ATC without having to keep reaching for the keyboard to hit "1" (to acknowledge ATC instructions).I did try it through FSUIPC but couldn't find a suitable selection in the drop-down menu.Has anyone else managed to do it? It's really irritating when flying to have to acknowledge ATC by hitting "1" only to discover the ATC window is minimized so you then have to click on the ATC window with the mouse to bring it to the front again GRRRR! Does anyone share my pain?RegardsAdam

Adam,I have the Logitech G940 hotas. I am using one of my throttle hat controls and one other button to respond to ATC. I have mapped the numbers from 1 to 0 to these controls. The keys are practically doubled by the 'shift' function of the hotas software. Another joystic button is used to open-close the ATC window.So I can respond to and control ATC completely without ever touching the keyboard!!Kind regardsNick

Thanks Spook.Adam,I have the Logitech G940 hotas. I am using one of my throttle hat controls and one other button to respond to ATC. I have mapped the numbers from 1 to 0 to these controls. The keys are practically doubled by the 'shift' function of the hotas software. Another joystic button is used to open-close the ATC window.So I can respond to and control ATC completely without ever touching the keyboard!!Kind regardsNick
Thanks Nick. So you map this using what? FSUIPC or your joystick software?AdamEDIT: Have googled the problem and found some solutions via FSUIPC which I'll try tonight.

I did a quick search on this topic but didn't find anything relevant..I want to map a key on my yoke or joystick to respond to ATC without having to keep reaching for the keyboard to hit "1" (to acknowledge ATC instructions).I did try it through FSUIPC but couldn't find a suitable selection in the drop-down menu.Has anyone else managed to do it? It's really irritating when flying to have to acknowledge ATC by hitting "1" only to discover the ATC window is minimized so you then have to click on the ATC window with the mouse to bring it to the front again GRRRR! Does anyone share my pain?RegardsAdam
Hello AdamTry these in the Fsuipc Controls dropdown.

Thanks Nick. So you map this using what? FSUIPC or your joystick software?Adam
Adam, I am using the joystick software. I don't have the registered FSUIPC.Nick

Hello AdamTry these in the Fsuipc Controls dropdown.
Brilliant. Thanks ONCE AGAIN mad dog that's exactly what I was looking for! I didn't realise the ATC menu commands were linked to those entries. Silly me.Adam

I have always used Atc Menu 1 and 2 in fsuipc for this (main thing it doesn't cover is 3 - takeoff clearance). I think you can also edit standard.xml in your controls folder to assign a key command which I'm guessing would solve the "lost focus on atc window" problem.scott s..