Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

green rings on ND

Hi EveryoneI have seen in real life images green rings around a nav beacon on the ND, does anyone know if or how to get it to display and what purpose to these rings serve in real life situations.CheersBarra

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

FIX Page, enter a distance value from the fix on one or more of the lines below. Very helpful if you have a non-precision approach (no GS) without a viable Dec Path (LNAV). On the vertical diagram of an approach plate, there'll be set altitudes at set distances. Use the DME station for the fix, then enter the distances, and you can set the according altitudes in your MDC Alt displayt and then use the green descend-bow to hit off at the right distances, the rings.

Hi GuysI have tried a number of syntax to try and show this but can't seem to get it to work. If I was trying to put a 10nm ging around the SY VOR for example, what should i type into the fmc?CheersBarra

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Hi GuysI have tried a number of syntax to try and show this but can't seem to get it to work. If I was trying to put a 10nm ging around the SY VOR for example, what should i type into the fmc?CheersBarra
Just flew into Syd from Melb just then! FIX pg type SY in the entry box then next line enter /10

Thanks GuysGot it all sorted.CheersBarra

Regards

Barra

If someone could post the fix page with screen shots that would be great. Would help on the Loop6

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

@ Derek.These 2 pics of the FIX page should help.1. Enter ANY fix from the nav database into the scratchpad. ( LANKS in the example)2. Line select it to the empty boxes. ( That's it !!.......you now have a FIX on the ND )3. On the line below it you have 3 different options. ( Radial+Distance, Radial, Distance.)Use this format.......Eg. 230/10 will give you a 230 radial from the fix with a 10 mile green circle around it.If you just want the 10 mile green circle you must use the slash................... /10You can also press the ABM (abeam) prompt and get a radial displayed perpendicular to your route segment. Fred.