Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

My God it's full of stars...

I tried setting weather to Cat I mins but all I get after I depart is starry night sky. I even set clouds to 100% opacity. Could this be an nvidia inspector profile issue?In the pic I'm even descending to attempt to get the ground in sight... but nothing's there.fullofstars.jpgAlso things are really funky in tower view... I can see stars below the airport. Almost like the airport is floating in the galaxy...towrview.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh good now I know. I did the same flight in the day time, works great! I will say the IMC and approach to minimums is really well done in XP. That's one thing FSX has always lacked...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For me, the stars are way too big and bright. They seem to overwhelm the night sky. I hope a third party can tone this down a little or X-plane change it somehow. In fact my wife came into our study the other day where I was flying the jumbo out of KSEA and said 'when did you become an astronaut?'...hmmm...Rhydian

Interesting thing about the stars. I have posted a few times that I thought they were damn ugly and not realistic. I have been playing around with settings and one thing I did was change my size to single screen, instead of double or triple screen. The stars all of a sudden appeared normal rather than all streaky. It could be that I was seeing something completely different than all of you and for some reason the stars could be getting stretched on triple wide screens. Now they look pretty, even if there are too many stars visible everywhere except the middle of the atlantic.

Did anyone get the pun on the title hehe?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |