Sign in to follow this  
Pronto

Flying by hand...

Hello all, when I fly the PMDG 737-800 NGX by hand - using the joystick wingman force 3d - it´s difficult to keep an altitude... very often the needle runs up and down... I have set the sensitivity very low and the "neutral-area" very large (button to the right)... I have to correct the altitude all the times... how can I work more excactly and relaxed with the joystick flying by hand????RegardsNorbert

Hello all, when I fly the PMDG 737-800 NGX by hand - using the joystick wingman force 3d - it´s difficult to keep an altitude... very often the needle runs up and down... I have set the sensitivity very low and the "neutral-area" very large (button to the right)... I have to correct the altitude all the times... how can I work more excactly and relaxed with the joystick flying by hand????RegardsNorbert
I would set the neutral deadband small and sensitivity maximum. Your settings would make control very difficult. Then you need to make sure you are properly trimmed so I recommend mapping stab trim up/down controls to your joystick. Using autothrottle will make manual flight harder too so avoid that.It's possible your flight is being upset by sudden FSX weather changes, so ensure turbulence is disabled and weather changes are set to slow.Finally, don't chase the VSI needle.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yep, keep the aircraft trimmed as well as possible & keep an eye on your speed. Maintaining a steady airspeed will make straight & level much easier.

Hi gentlemen, thanks for help! I have changed the settings and keeping the exact altitude and heading is much easier now. But... I have still problems during the start up! Aircraft is centered on the runway, I don´t touch the joystick... the aircraft start to roll and at once it goes to the right... I touch the joystick and give rudder and now - until the airborn - the aircraft runs left, right, left and so on... zickzacking...What can I do? Changes in the siderudder-settings doesn´t help... no sidewind!RegardsNorbert (excuse my bad english please)

Hi gentlemen, thanks for help! I have changed the settings and keeping the exact altitude and heading is much easier now. But... I have still problems during the start up! Aircraft is centered on the runway, I don´t touch the joystick... the aircraft start to roll and at once it goes to the right... I touch the joystick and give rudder and now - until the airborn - the aircraft runs left, right, left and so on... zickzacking...What can I do? Changes in the siderudder-settings doesn´t help... no sidewind!RegardsNorbert (excuse my bad english please)
You may have controller issues, but don't expect to be able to takeoff without rudder input. RW, you're constantly making small corrections during the takeoff and landing.

Matt Cee

Hi Norbert,Don't worry about your English it's perfectly understandable.Glad the advice helped. The NGX needs steering down the runway even without a crosswind, you can't expect it to run straight without any corrections. It's not a problem, you just need to get used to doing it. The best advice I can give on that is look at the far end of the runway and use small rudder corrections (you might need larger corrections at low speed).Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi guys,thanks again for your appreciated help!!! Finally - after gambling with the joystick-settings - I can keep the aircraft much easier on the centerline. This is a very very good forum here, all the times I´ve got best help within short time! Much better than the german forums!RegardsNorbert

Hi guys,thanks again for your appreciated help!!! Finally - after gambling with the joystick-settings - I can keep the aircraft much easier on the centerline. This is a very very good forum here, all the times I´ve got best help within short time! Much better than the german forums!RegardsNorbert
As I use same joystick it would be interesting to find out what exactly settings did you change? I suffer the same problem - can't keep it level. It feels like riding a rollercoaster. And it's not because of trim.

Think of it like driving a car......The road is straight but you still need to make minor adjustments. Even tho the road is straight you still can't drive for miles with no hands on the wheel so minor adjustments are also required while steering down runways and taxi ways.......

Hello,I have set the sensitivity of all rudders max high and the dead/neutral zone min small. Only the dead/neutral zone of the siderudder I have set a little bit more, button to the right.RegardsNorbert