Sign in to follow this  
az1228

PMDG 737 Lvar and status lights

Hi all,do you know if status lights in PMDG737NGX is available as LVAR or something else ?I traced it but I can see much traffic as: (L) Lvar: PilotAnimationVar= xxx and I ve no idea what it is... value are alway differentI started from could and dark panel state and when I switch on the battery: Battery -> ON Bat(L) Lvar: ngx_switch_01_a= 100(L) Lvar: ngx_switch_184_a= 500(L) Lvar: ngx_switch_262_a= 160(L) Lvar: ngx_switch_448_a= 666then some others PilotAnimationVar=xxxthen(L) Lvar: ngx_switch_679_a= 107then PilotAnimationVar=xxx and then nothing... Is ngx_switch_01_a the variable name ?I do thankyou captains in advanceCheers,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Hello Francesco,you are entering the fine art of LUA hunting Whistle.gifIf you ask about the status lights as I understand it right, you mean generator lights etc as example?If so I have to disappoint you as I was till now not able to find any variables for them.Generally, LUA hunting means observe and conlcude happy.pngThe first step you made is the right one, just to look what LUA variables are there and what happens.There are developers like A2A which have simple named LUA variables like e.g. "Cowlflap", which makes things really easy.Other ones like PMDG use "ngx_switch_xy".Now its on your side to try and see, what "ngx switch" is used.If you have a look into the current LINDA NGX module (with the editor), you see many of these switches.As we have not implemented all of the thousands functions, there are still unused left, of course.So, enable watching all NGX_switches, press a button in the VC and look if there is a response to your action.If there is in the console a variable or control number again and again and you want to filter it out, simply write in the little small window on the lower left side of the expanded LINDA console the variable you want to filter."Pilot" will then exclude all variables containing "pilot"!about your question for PilotAnim.I have bever tried it, but I think as the Pilots are animated, these are the variables for their actions.Feel free to ask further questions if sth is not clear ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, thank you for your reply, really appreciated.I see the script and the commands show in the tracer.As I'm using opencockpits cards with sioc which variable name I can use in as variable ?for istance what does it mean the follow ?function NGX_WARN_FIRE_reset () ipc.control(69979, 536870912)it is like a push-button ? Many thanksFrancesco

Francesco Gatta

Royaldutchvirtual.com

hmmm... not sure if I understood your question: but yes, this is a simple push button as the fire warning is also just a push.It is not a on/off button ...Was that your question?

Guenter Steiner

hmmm... not sure if I understood your question: but yes, this is a simple push button as the fire warning is also just a push.It is not a on/off button ...Was that your question?
Sorry for my bad english explanation, first. :-)As I'm using OC cards (SIOC) I would like to know how I can interpreter the LVar value like thisipc.control(69979, 536870912) and put it in a sioc script.function NGX_WARN_FIRE_reset () is the value name andipc.control(69979, 536870912) is the value ?How can use it? it is a send command as ipc.control with these value when I push the button?HOpe that is more clear than before .. ;-)Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta

Royaldutchvirtual.com

no need to apologize ... happy.pngfirst I have to say that I have absolute no clue about that SIOC card etc ...maybe this is the reason I can't follow here.but for your questions:

function NGX_WARN_FIRE_reset () is the value name andipc.control(69979, 536870912) is the value ?
no, "NGX_WARN_FIRE_reset ()" is just a name of a function in LINDA (means LUA). You can name it as you like."ipc.control(69979, 536870912)" is a command to send via a LUA script a (FSX) control number and its parameter.You can also enter FSUIPC menue and use directly this control numbers and parameters.How it then works with SIOC I can't say, sorry...

Guenter Steiner

Thats clear. Thankyou very much...Anyway in sioc in order to creat commands to execute, light a lamp/led or execute a pushbutton I have some options like...FSUIPC_IN, _OUT or IN & OUT or ipc.control and then write down the parameters.. sioc is like thisVar 1 Link FSUIPC_IN Offset $0BC8 Length 2 // parking brake state { IF v1 = 0 { v2 = 0 } ELSE { v2 = 1 } } Var 2 Link IOCARD_OUT Output 91 // led indicating parking brake setCheers,Francesco

Francesco Gatta

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Hello,sorry, but i have the same problem without an solution.Have you found out something how to send an icp command like write, read or control via sioc?But pls. not over the virtual joistick function of FSUIPC , thats shittiThanks a lotMatthias

i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram,RTX 3090TI,MSFS