Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Blurries annoys me a lot in FSX

I pretty much got rid of the blurries by starting to use BP=0 and now I only see it sometimes for a while when quickly changing outside views. But before that, I couldn't find a way to make the game blur free.Unfortunately, I believe your GTS250 can't handle that without graphics corruption at least with higher detail levels.
Do you mean[bufferpools]Poolsize=0

Absolutely, Jeroen and Ian are right on the money. IMO one of the problems many of us have these days is a preconception about how our rigs are supposed to operate and at what scenery settings. If you have ideas about scenery and graphic settings based on nothing other than what you think they should be, you'll end up being a very disappointed camper! With respect, you are running a pretty conservative rig and if you are using some of the latest addons with settings other than normal or sparse then as Jeroen said, 'no wonder you're having blurries.'

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

What gave you that idea...? Surely not their manuals...! I agree that they look best with sliders right though... but it's not MEANT to be used with sliders right.But er... LOL It's no wonder you have blurries... The Extra 300S simply is too fast for blurry free flying: don't expect total blur free flying with that one. And besides that: Anacortes is a heavy scenery too...! I think you simply are expecting way too much. I do have great performance all over PNW (average fps between 25 to my max 30 everywhere over there) but I fly the Katana 4X: if I would fly the Extra 300S I'd have blurries everywhere too.
For example page 12 in the 74S manual. And I didn't mean that I had all sliders fully maxed out. And I see textures filled in and trees pop up almost right in front of the plane which really isn't that terrible fast.

For example page 12 in the 74S manual. And I didn't mean that I had all sliders fully maxed out. And I see textures filled in and trees pop up almost right in front of the plane which really isn't that terrible fast.
Ah, I see, but the sliders aren't full right on that page...! Autogen should be at Normal or Dense which is far from the right, Mesh and Texture res aren't full right either and AI is more left than right too... From the 10 sliders mentioned on that page only 4 are completely right. happy.png I think you have no other option then to move some sliders left...

The above advise on increasing the LOD_RADIUS and FIBER_FRAME_FRACTION (FFF) are way off base for the OP. For if your system is already stressed rendering textures, increasing LOD_RADIUS will only compound that problem. As for FFF, according to Phil Taylor it's affect is basically non-existant if you are running FSX SP1/SP2 on a multicore system.

(snip) ... I bought Norton Ghost, and I'm going to clone my C drive as it exists to this new drive. I expect FSX to run just as flawlessly as it does now, but perhaps faster with much more room to get some of the fantastic addons that exist....especially scenery.
I hate to tell you this, but Norton Ghost will NOT successfully clone a bootable Win7 system drive!!! Been there, wasted money on that. But... if you create a drive restore image using Win7 backup, that restore image can be restored on any drive. To perform this, boot into the windows repair console and run 'restore' to clone the new C drive using the backed up drive restore image. This is about as simple as it gets to clone a bootable drive. The only downside is you need an intermediary drive to store the backup image.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Ah, I see, but the sliders aren't full right on that page...! Autogen should be at Normal or Dense which is far from the right, Mesh and Texture res aren't full right either and AI is more left than right too... From the 10 sliders mentioned on that page only 4 are completely right. happy.png I think you have no other option then to move some sliders left...
These are the slider settings I use but texture res at 7 cm. Also have water at mid high. I might also point out that I see significant blurries in PNG bush flying scenery. Is that also to expect?

The Family Man,Using a Jetline Systems computer, Jetline recommended Norton Ghost. They will remotely clone my C drive, and after I install my new Raptor, they will remotely take care of the successufl clone. I trust them, and I guess we shall see.Stan

Sorry for the slight hijack... If Jetline can use Ghost to clone a bootable Win7 drive you are fortunate. The 'open disk surgery' required by Ghost to make their Win7 cloned system disk bootable is beyond reason and definitely not for anyone except the most computer savvy...not at all like it was in the good ol' XP days. Best wishes and happy contrails with your updated system.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)