Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

For all the X-Plane 10 lovers

While I agree that we have come to expect more (and in general, aren't getting it), I don't think it's at all fair to say that XP10 is a total letdown in terms of graphics. Again though, to each their own.However I will say, just watch this video.

Sorry, I don't care how many addons you toss at it, FSX will never look this good at night. And this is the demo at launch, not even a mature product.[by the way, still trying to figure out why the flight computer calls you a "retard" at 20 feet LOL.gif ]
Greengriffon, I will admit, this is where XP10 knocked it out of the park. It is the absolute BEST night time flight environment, period. The lighting system in general is VERY good. I think that XP10 did some good stuff, but seriously lacked in others. Thanx for the video, very nice.

Greengriffon, I will admit, this is where XP10 knocked it out of the park. It is the absolute BEST night time flight environment, period. The lighting system in general is VERY good. I think that XP10 did some good stuff, but seriously lacked in others. Thanx for the video, very nice.
It's hard to remember after using addons for so long, but sometimes I look back at old un-modded FSX screenshots, and vanilla FSX was really quite butt-ugly at launch! It also suffered from the same condition as XP10....some things were done well, other things have taken years to reach their potential. Plus it was (and still is) an absolute pig in terms of performance. At least XP10 is reasonably playable right out of the gate, and it has a solid foundation and lots of potential.Maybe Flight will be better, maybe it won't. The difference is, I have one of them in my hands right now, while the other one is probably a solid calendar year away, with a very uncertain featureset.For now, life is pretty good for a flightsimmer.

Yep, that is some exceptionally good night lighting. Can I also ask if the touchdown/rollout sound effects are part of XP10 (as opposed to a real world sound overlay)? If they are, then they are also excellent.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can we talk about x plane in the x plane forums?i feel like i'm in someone else's house telling them how to redecorate it.

Can we talk about x plane in the x plane forums?i feel like i'm in someone else's house telling them how to redecorate it.
But, isn't kinda like going to someone elses house, and hearing a commotion in the bedroom? If you don't want to see something that bothers you, don't open the door? Hypnotized.gifHonestly GoranM, I'm not trying to bust your chops, but let's face it, people want to, and are going to compare FSims. There is no specific place to do that, so we do it in both Flight and XP forums. Is it really that big of a deal? Is it ruining everyones whole day? I mean, there really isn't that much going on in the Flight forum right now anyway, right? Yawn.gif

Why don't you gander over to the X-Plane forum, look at the thread I started called "Screenshot/Video request" and take a look at the Las Vegas video. It was the most uninspiring thing I've seen to date, just a horrible representation of a city that is suppose to be in the "Desert". Flight will be miles ahead of XP10, mark my word.
[alert]Trying to start a flame war is not something we like here![/alert]If you've got constructive criticisms towards X-plane 10, fell free to talk about them in the X-plane forum.If you're going to just trash something, feel free to do that elsewhere - away from AVSIM!
..............Honestly GoranM, I'm not trying to bust your chops, but let's face it, people want to, and are going to compare FSims. There is no specific place to do that, so we do it in both Flight and XP forums. Is it really that big of a deal? Is it ruining everyones whole day? I mean, there really isn't that much going on in the Flight forum right now anyway, right? Yawn.gif
You're not comparing anything. Flight has not even been released (no beta or demo either), how can you compare anything with it? All you are doing is trying to trash X-plane.I haven't used XP10 yet, so don't really know how good it is. From what I've heard about it, its alright.
That's your opinion, but I beg to differ. There is alot of negetive comments about what flight is or might be, so, pointing their attention to another sim, they just might realize just how good Flight will be. You have the option to avoid post like this if you feel, some will agree, some may not. Peace.gif
Well, my opinion is that NOTHING GOOD will come of this thread. Also this is not the X-plane forum.Thread locked!