Sign in to follow this  
niyoko

Have you used HiFi's XPax?

I just visited HiFi's new site because of their newly announced AS2012 project and notied anothre product I never know about, XPax.It's a passenger experience simulator, not to dissimilar to FSpassengers in some areas it seams. For those that have bought it, how do you like flying with it? Does it add positively to your flights?I'm a big commercial sim-pilot and would love to have some of the passenger simulation that I had with FSpassengers for FS9. I have just to buy FSPass for FSX yet.For those that have both products mentioned here, do you prefer one over the other? I like the VA features of FSPassengers a lot, and how it does revenue service figures.

I own it, and love it for the most part. It will automatically do the call outs based on what stage of flight you are in, so you don't have to go manually selecting the cabin announcements, which is nice, cause I always forget to do that with the FDSFX panel lol. Downside to it though is that there are times where it will prematurely announce the descent announcement if you happen to descend at all, so if you say, overclimbed, and you had to descend back down a couple hundred feet, it may prematurely think you're descending and skip the cruise announcement and just play the descent announcement. It does give you the option to skip to different states, but it doesn't always work properly either. Also if you're doing a step climb, and climb to say 10k feet, then 15k, then climb to 25k feet for instance, if you happened to level out for more than a second or 2, it'll think you're done with your climb and play the cruise announcement. I've gotten around that by doing a steady climb, not letting myself level out, most cases, ATC will clear me quick enough to go to the next step of my climb.And I'm not sure if it's my system or not, but the flight approval ratings don't always work either, over half my flights, the passenger approval ratings will start at 0% and never move, the rest of the times it'll start at 100% and barely drop unless I screw up multiple times. I don't pay much attention to that anymore though. I use Ideal flight for that purpose now anyways lol.Even though it has its glitches, I do still enjoy the product, hardly fly without it, I love the ambience sound it makes, I love the announcements, and overall, I haven't been dissatisfied owning it.

I have used all these three in the given orderXPAX scores 10%Fspassenger scores 50% - 10%(cause its not ben updated in 3 years) = 40 %Fscaptain scores 70% + 10%(cause its frequently updated with new features) = 80%

How does it cope with advanced addon aircraft like the NGX? I hope it does not mess up the cfg file or any other settings?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

How does it cope with advanced addon aircraft like the NGX? I hope it does not mess up the cfg file or any other settings?
If you asking about FSCaptain.It reads the a/c CFG fil, to get info required for Dispatch fuel, etc . It does not write the file

Hi,XPax does not mess with .cfgs. One thing it does do is automatically adjust weight for boarding/deplaning dynamically. While we have no known reports of issues with any aircraft, it is possible that depending on load configuration there could be conflicts here, so we have provided an option for "automatic weight control" which can be turned off, and the loadout configured as per normally.Please be aware that XPax is not meant to compete with FSEconomy, FSCaptain, or FSPassengers, these are different kinds of add-ons that appear to focus on depth of economy and career. XPax is a multimedia passenger simulation add-on that can run on any flight, with any aircraft, in the background, to provide a representation of passenger activities and provide feedback on how well you've done. XPax does not simulate economy, maintenance, costs, career goals, etc.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I am glad I saw this thread, I have been wanting something similar to this to enhance my flying, especially since I mainly fly the 737.I think I will have to give this product a try.

Guest firehawk44

I have owned it since it first came out. I have not installed it on my new system yet though. I had some problems with it but otherwise I think it is great. If you program the FMC, say with the LevelD 767 or the PMDG 747, XPAX passengers would get very excited if the rate of descent or VS was more than 2000 (I think that was the rate). Sometimes the FMC will cause a descent at VS over 3000. The passengers would scream when this happened and there was nothing you could do about it as it was programmed in the FMC. When the programmed FMC made turns, sometimes it would get passengers excited as the wing levels were too much. And, when the aircraft landed, with 3 Green, the program would not like the hard landing. But, in real life, I suspect the pilot in command will have to react and make changes to the FMC if he/she hears passengers screaming so that makes it sort of realistic. Of course all of this would never happen if you did not use the FMC and manually flew the flight using the AP. I was hoping for an update to this program but none never came. Now I just have too much other eye-candy on my system.Best regards,Jim

There are options in XPax to input the parameters for penalization (max climb rate, max descent rate, max bank angle, etc). You could always adjust these....

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest firehawk44
There are options in XPax to input the parameters for penalization (max climb rate, max descent rate, max bank angle, etc). You could always adjust these....
That was my other complaint -- you need to RTM. LOL.gif Thanks Damian!Best regards,Jim

Hey gang,So I am about the purchase this program, but had a thought I am hoping to get some clarification on.I run FSX with 2 monitors, in full screen mode. I do not want to run in windowed mode. I use my second screen to put things like my gps, radio stack, atc on.Is not running in windowed mode going to cause me a problem with this program, ie am I going to need to be able to access thsi program whilst flying?Thanks for any input,

Guest firehawk44
Hey gang,So I am about the purchase this program, but had a thought I am hoping to get some clarification on.I run FSX with 2 monitors, in full screen mode. I do not want to run in windowed mode. I use my second screen to put things like my gps, radio stack, atc on.Is not running in windowed mode going to cause me a problem with this program, ie am I going to need to be able to access thsi program whilst flying?Thanks for any input,
You will not need to access it during flight. Just before to setup and after to see how you did on the flight and to shut it down. It has a video during setup that shows passengers being loaded on board based on their seat assignment so you might want to watch that during pre-flight. But, once everyone is loaded and the flight attendant tells you everyone is on board, you can go back to full screen and fly.Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
Sweet, thanks for the info Jim! I look forward to giving this a try.
I just reinstalled it on my system and I forgot it even had more videos. You have the video of people waiting in the terminal to be called to get on the flight, then the call by the flight attendants for boarding by row number, then during the flight a video of the people either with their seat belts fastened or walking around the cabin, then one showing disembarking from the aircraft, one showing them after arrival entering the terminal. If you want to monitor the videos of the passengers in the aircraft during flight, you'll have to go to windowed mode. I just completed a flight from KPDX to KSEA with ASE activated and scored a 91. At KSEA, there was no visibility and I did not see the runway until a few seconds before landing. It was a soft landing and no passengers screamed. I only had problems hearing the flight attendants provide the takeoff briefing during taxi and while in flight. Guess I need to turn the cockpit sounds down on my PMDG 737NGX. Have fun!Best regards,Jim