Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Please Help With TRACER GUIDE

The guide stops without telling me how to use the information found.I went throigh the process with the Duke B60, got the last stage with the "Cowl Flaps switch detected" and then the guide ends!How is the info used? Is there another guide that will help finish this step?Getting to this point in the process is easy and I would really like to continue and do a full profile for the Duke (and a few other planes that can be improved with LINDA).Thanks for any guidance ....Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Dear Neal,I hope to cover your question here and also in your other thread ("where is everyone?").And I hope also that I've understood your intention right ... was it a complaint about the lack of support for LINDA?If so, we are very sorry and hope, you understand our side, too.We have to take several points into consideration:1) we try to help everyone which has possible errors with LINDA which seems to be software bugs.But on the other side, mainly Artem and me too, we both have invested much, much time thi year in LINDA.With state 1.1, we have reached now a point, where we would like to "settle down" a bit and having pure fun with flying ... and also a bit more real life again.2) Have a look at some threads here: they start not with any "hello" or whatever, they are just like "make this or this for me".To be honest, I'm not very encouraged to answer such posts. I've done this in the past and never got answer.So I wait and see if such rude people come back and ask again ... mybe in a politer way.But these are a clear minority3) and this is maybe the most important point:we can't guide and cover you through the whole process of scripting and programming!We have many questions here about how to gather LUA variables, controls, offsets etc and what to do then with them.Thats not the intention of this forum or LINDA. LINDA could be used to make such things easier, but everyone have to learn himself how to make scripts in LUA.I have tried to learn these now at least for the last three years...I has much to do with learning by doing, looking in the net for informations and taking other scripts as example.So, we will really help you at a certain point with a special question, but we can't teach anybody to program in LUA.4) and yes, we overread maybe some threads and forget them and hope, that people are encouraged anough to ask again or bump the threads5) in our opinion, LINDA should be a community project. LINDA should be the platform for others to develop scripts, but also we think, that everyone should be free to support other LINDA users in the forum and with problems.Simple, we have not the time for that!Maybe there are currently to less people who using LINDA, meaning too less experts out there joining us to support other users...?Neal, I hope, this answer covered your question. But I also fear that I maybe have missed the point.So please feel free to ask again!!!!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO COMPLAINT intended and I apologize if it seemed that way. You guys have been very good with support.The problem is mine...there are so many different technical things involved with LINDA, LUA, FSUIPC, WideFS,LVars, etc. that I cannot seem to grasp the connections that put them all together. I believe that LINDA is the perfect software to help me put those things together. After searching out a few other posts in this forum I found some of your other posts and they show the next steps smile.png .Thanks again guenseliNeal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi Neal,no need to apologize!thanks for clarifying!Now (and with your other post) your intention is absolute clear for me!Seems, you understood the "spirit of LINDA" laugh.pngAs I said above:if you have specific questions, please ask!Otherwise I can't tell you more than try and search. Thats the way I've "learned" it also.Having a look in the current scripts and change them to your own needs would be the best way.thanks, Neal!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester