Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

denver69

how do you call for gear down before flaps 35?

I was in a situation comming into Taipei where I got chopped and dropped by radar contact (not to unusuall). Anyway I am doing 250 with speed brakes out on 10 mile final because computer programs cannot think. Normally I would have had the gear down a while back but I was afraid that when I got to the gear down part in fs2crew he would put the gear up instead because it was down. Will this happen? I was afraid to do it and as a result was totally unstabilised and finishing up the before landing out of 300 feet. Not good. My workload was so high and I got distracted and hit the secondary button instead of the primary one and well, you guessed it, the gear came up for go around. I put the gear back down, slapped Mich over the head with the fuel stick and landed anyway. What was his name? What did I say!? No, it was got ground! Guy needs to go back to CRM class or get his ears cleaned.So can I put the gear down early w/o screwing it up, is there a seperate call?Thanks

Marc Lynn

Thanks, I was just afraid he would put it up since this is the logic applied to some other switches like the battery.

Marc Lynn

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now