Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

FS9.1 Update Error

I am trying to update my FS, but when I run the update it give me the error "The Flight Simulator 9.1 Update appears to be installed already. The installation has been canceled." Is there a way I can force the update? I tried to update once before but the update never completed for some reason. I uninstalled FS restarted and cleared out all of its folders.Thanks,

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Are you saving the Update file fs91upd.exe into your Flight Simulator 2004 directory and running it from there?

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Yes. It is IMPERATIVE that you read Microsoft's instructions and follow them to the letter otherwise the update won't 'take.'

you once failed to install the update because of what? you should explain it. Try to replace all files in the modules folder with the default ones (they exist in FS2004 CD's). Then try it again.

I am trying to update my FS, but when I run the update it give me the error "The Flight Simulator 9.1 Update appears to be installed already. The installation has been canceled." Is there a way I can force the update? I tried to update once before but the update never completed for some reason. I uninstalled FS restarted and cleared out all of its folders.Thanks,
If none of the other suggestions work, and you're still getting that behavior, are you SURE the updated didn't take before?

I will replacing the files in the modules folder. When I installed FSDT KFLL it threw an error which said FS was still version 9.0. I will try the modules and report back.Thanks,

Tom

Tom,In your FS main folder you have a folder named Backup. Delete that folder and see if the update will run.

Tom,In your FS main folder you have a folder named Backup. Delete that folder and see if the update will run.
Jim,It worked.Thanks so much for help on the guys,

Tom