Sign in to follow this  
flacs

Douglas planes

Hi: I would like to have for my FS10 a good DC4 or DC6 or DC7. (free or paid) Any ideas?Thanks, Jose

Just Flight are doing a DC 6. Those CalClassics models, although my favourite for many years, are showing their age. No VC's

The DC-6s and DC-7s available on CalClassics most definitely do have VCs with pretty accurate systems modelling.Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

They do? What is the quality like?But even so, those models are way old now.

They do? What is the quality like?But even so, those models are way old now.
They are old, and work great !

Jay

Well, the latest generation of FSX payware has raised the expectations so that airplanes that used to be perfectly adequate now look shoddy, and ones that used to be great now are usable but look inferior.The "quality" (speaking only of eye candy) at CalClassics varies. All their models are for FS9 with a port over to FSX. The exteriors are great in my opinion. The cockpit textures are looking pretty dated now once you get used to the high resolution ultra-detailed look of 2011 grade payware. Speaking mostly of the Douglas and Convairs.The Connies available at CalClassics are top quality in every respect even comparing to recent payware...but you cannot expect PMDG NGX levels of detail in freeware airplanes.What's more important to me is the systems and FDE are accurate. You can't just take off in these old rustbuckets and expect to have a successful flight, they have to be flown by the numbers.Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.