Sign in to follow this  
ACA034137

Displays go blank after IRS alignment

Hi all, just randomly encountered this problem...Loaded from a cold and dark state. Turn battery on, standby power to auto, and ground power on. All displays light up, then once prompted to enter IRS position, all displays go dark, but not the fms. Any ideas?I did a repair install with a restart, but no dice.Regards

Maybe a MSFS battery issue? Try ground or apu power. I assume the DUs go blank regardless of your IRS set actions, right?

Dan Downs KCRP

No help with apu or ground power. I don't know if its a timing issue, but it seems to happen just as the irs aligns...

Just curious, do you enter the lat/long while it's aligning or at the end of the alignment. I always entered it as soon as I started the alignment & never experienced this.

Does this happen at the same point during your preflight every time or more of a set time interval after starting the sim?Activation issues can make the cockpit go dark after a few minutes.

Have you tried using different IRS Alignment times, and if it always goes dark when entering the Lat/Lon in the FMC Coordinations? I personally use Instant and have never had this problem.Kind of sounds like it might be an Activation issue, as well.

I'll give those suggestions a try. I don't think it could be an activation issue, as it just started happening the other day. I haven't reinstalled very much.

That type of behavior is indeed a Activation Issue. Simply Uninstall from the Remove Software control panel and then Reinstall and Revalidate and it should work properly after that.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

That's what I just did...cleaned out my gauges folder too...had some undesirable junk cluttering up the place...its all fixed up. Thanks for all your help