Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Static Objects Library Folder?

I'm installing some new scenery file onto mu FSX installation. The inruction say I have to install one file to The Static Objects Library folder,which should be found in Addon scenery: I don't have this folder!?...I've searched everywhere for itUpon recommendation of a scenery designer I added the file to the addon scenry folder below all my other scenery folders--And the scenery displays well.Still If I'm missing this folder,I'd like to know how will it affect me; And if it is absolutely nessesary?Berlopez

There is no default Static Objects Library folder. And the only thing in the default Addon Scenery is a Scenery folder and a Texture folder.The default "object library" folder for FS X is the Global folder.However, there is no need to put anything in there, and what you did will work just as well. In fact, you can pretty much place your scenery in any active scenery folder and it will display correctly, unless you have to worry about layering techniques.Best regards.Luis

Luiz: Thanks you for yur promt response....I've been searching everywhere for this folder even on the net...Apparently some designers confuse it'slocation in Fs9 with the non exixtant in FSX?

The name of the folder implies that it's the Rwy12 package of objects. Not having Rwy12 won't hurt anything, there will be objects that should appear and do not.

The name and position of the folder is totally irrelevant. You can call it what you like so long as you add it via Settings/Scenery library.George

Thanks Geoge; I'm in contact with the scenery designer,now and he is explaining it all to me now.