Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Screenshot Requests - May I ask here?

As a potential customer of XP10, I'd like to get some images and screenshots from the game.Many of the loyal readers here might already know my position on the current condition of the game, but like a moth to a fire, I'm still buzzing about a potential purchase. Will I keep circling, or will I dive in? My checkbook and my sanity would probably be best served if I ignored the XPlane forums entirely, but I'm still here.Several of you have been gracious enough to provide me with screenies from various locations already, and I am quite appreciative.. but I'd like to get a few more before I either cave in, or pack up my tent for the time being.AVSIM rules likely prevent shots from being posted here in this thread, but you are invited to send them to me via a forum PM, or perhaps putting them up into the actual screenshot forum and linking here.My requests -The vicinity of VT46 and KBTVThe vicinity of KPHX and KSDLThe vicinity of KBLM and N12The vicinity of KBNAThe vicinity of KPVDThank you to anyone who has the time and energy to snap a few shots from any or all of these general locations. I appreciate it greatly!-Greg

Sorry to jump on your topic, but I wouldn't mind a few screenshots around EGPH.I'm also in the same boat as you.

We encourage screen shots of the new release. However, we request that they be placed in Scrren Shots forum per our rules and so that everyone can benefit from them. If they meet our size policies, you are most certainly welcome to post them there. I would like to see them too.

Doing something I don' t normally do - bumping up! Wondering if anyone could oblige, if they get the chance...There are very few shots from the "production" release of XP10 out in the screenshot forum right now, so I'd be happy with nearly any shots of diverse areas outside of Seattle, nevermind what I requested above.Thanks!-Greg

For such a huge project can you be more specific. Do you want rw weather which is skunky today but magnifcent-do you want over the actual airport-near it-over city areas-no rw weather so you can see farther? I'll try to get to it but can't promise anything.

General overview shots of the areas near the airports listed would be all I'd like to see. (In Vermont, the Lake Champlain region... at KBNA, the Nashville metro area... the Phoenix, AZ area... etc. etc.). The airport can certainly be in the shot for reference purposes, but beggars can't be choosers!Considering we all know that the airports have no structures, I'm more interested in seeing what their surroundings are like than the airfields themselves. Daytime, general CAVOK conditions....Even if others would like to snap some shots of the areas THEY fly in as opposed to my requests, that'd be good too. I'm just looking to see more than nighttime shots, pictures of clouds, and the promotional images of down-low freeway bridges and signs.Thanks once more,-Greg

We encourage screen shots of the new release. However, we request that they be placed in Scrren Shots forum per our rules and so that everyone can benefit from them. If they meet our size policies, you are most certainly welcome to post them there. I would like to see them too.
Tom Allensworth, Maybe you can answer a question for me. As I wanted to be in compliance, I posted a request for screenshots for XP10 in the screenshot forum yet the post I made was locked. after review of the rules in the screenshot forum, I realized I hadn't posted a picture. If I'm jumping a chain of command I apologize but the person who locked it never revealed themselves and obviously if I don't know who it is, I cannot contact them directly. back to my point. If you keep forwarding people to the screen shot forum, why was a screen shot request locked?Thank You,Damien

Probably best to make your request in here as Gregg did -then wait for someone to put it up in the screen shots forum.

http://forum.avsim.n...53#entry2190453
The vicinity of VT46 and KBTVThe vicinity of KPHX and KSDLThe vicinity of KBLM and N12The vicinity of KBNA - only one I didn't make a video forThe vicinity of KPVD
Added some videos of the mentioned areas - used the mentioned areas as short hop flights to demonstrate the scenery in a more realistic user-based manner. No addons, moderate graphics (need to get some new cards to help that side out) with AI turned off to compensate for the extra FPS hit from the video recording.

Probably best to make your request in here as Gregg did -then wait for someone to put it up in the screen shots forum.
Thank you for your response, Geof. For requests, Should I just add to this thread or start a new thread?-Damien

Hopefully someone will get to it-I can't right now..

I'm getting your videos together now...I'll respond with the forum link here, Damien