Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArjenVdv

Light illumination glitch

Hi,Just discovered something strange. I was doing a flight from KPDX to KSEA. Started the flight in dawn conditions. After startup, I turned on my taxi lights, and I noticed the ground was not illuminated! Then I tried the landing lights and runway turnoff lights, and again, the ground was not illuminated. I checked the outside view of the aircraft, and all lights were working normally. I checked Options -> Display -> Graphics, and I noticed that "Aircraft lights illuminate the ground" was cheched. I continued the flight, and in the mean time, I was thinking of what's causing this. Then I could remember that I installed REX 2.0 Overdrive a few days ago, and probably forgot to uncheck the lights options in the Options tab, so the REX lights were installed. I thought that was the cause. But when I landed in KSEA, I did all my lights on, and i noticed that the runway WAS illuminated this time! I loaded my aircraft somewhere else in night conditions, and all lights were illuminating the ground normally, no problems at all! And also in the outside view everything was normal.I can remember that someone was reporting a while ago, that he had the same thing with the MCP lights, not illuminating the MCP. I've also have this problem several times by the way. Now I have a similar thing with the external lights. I only seems to be happening in day/night or night/day transitions.

Arjen Vandervelde

the pmdg team did say that FSX does some weird things with lighting and textures during the night/day day/night transitions

Bryan Richards

"People depend so much on automation that they forget how to get the automation to work." B.W.

I have had the same problem. Can it be livery related? My 800WL SAS does not show the ground illuminated, but in spot view, only the leftside landing light is on, and it cannot be turned off. This was at night so I don't think it was the day/night transition problem referred to in another post.Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Just tried my first flight at night and have the same problem - left fixed landing light illuminating the fuselage even when turned off and it appears that both retractable landing lights are on from the leakage around the wheel well area. also the red beacon lights were not flashing.Oh, and FSX ran so slowly after alnding at Orbyx Canberra that the sim seemed to have crashed - obviously complex add-on plus lots of lights overpowers my 4Ghz i5-760. Works fine in daylight tho' - very strange....

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now