Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

can I use a show vac to blow the dust out of the computer?

Assuming I dont touch any components with the hose. and Im grounded. is it okay to blow the dust out. either by blowing through the front fans and or opening the case and just blowing air inside? I'd rather not buy can after can of air to do this. my house is dusty!

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Guest JSkorna

You want to remove the dust, not blow it around.

Blowing it out is fine. As a matter of fact, sometimes that's the only way.Personally I use a small vacuum and a small attachment and vacuum the bulk dust out. The only components I blow canned air into is the video card and my H50 radiator (and the air filters on each case fan). Blowing air under the video card's heat sink shroud is important. Make sure to focus on areas like that, that air is pulled through but you can't necessarily see.I forgot to mention. Blow air through the PSU's intake.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

we use a shop vac here at work and SUCK it out, but have to be VERY careful not to touch anything with the hose, hose nossle, or anything else. Even being grounded, this time of year can generate a LOT of static in heated rooms.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

I take my rig outside, use a shopvac on blow setting.... and blow everything out....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |