Very happy here, Great job!Dean
Dean, would be interested in your cloud/sky etc set name and settings, too!thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean, would be interested in your cloud/sky etc set name and settings, too!thanks!
Well the bad news, no I can't tell you the settings, when I got AS2012 I was going through all kinds of of sets just to see what I could get and I still am. Don't know why I did'nt say to myself "you should keep a note on that one"The good news, it's in AS2012, I know I had Shade in the 1st and 3rd shots, If I stumble across it again I will let you and Sean know....I promise

thank you for your reply.hmmmm... I quitted shade now as I couldn't get satisfying results.Really odd as ground is looking soooo good with it! But clouds are really ugly with it... haven't found a sweet spot till now!And yes, I have tied it with ENB, but got also not satisfying results or with other ENB settings, FSX crashes! :(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

thank you for your reply.hmmmm... I quitted shade now as I couldn't get satisfying results.Really odd as ground is looking soooo good with it! But clouds are really ugly with it... haven't found a sweet spot till now!And yes, I have tied it with ENB, but got also not satisfying results or with other ENB settings, FSX crashes! :(
+1 the clouds look horrible with shade so stopped using it too for now.

Chris Howard

Christo, I noticed a screenshots with overcast thread, there was horrible dark clouds mixed with white, shade causing this? if yes, shade cause more trouble then I tought.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

This random gray clouds color can happend with or without shade, they look like both, but the second shots one more, first shots are in sunset, sunsets sets can be differents for directional lights, but if you are not using shade at all on these shots, same issue can happend without shade as I had before see below.I had this issue few time with Fsx and I never installed shade and there was not available to download as well, and with default fsx setup. The only way to fix it was complete reinstall of FSX, I tried repair fsx, without sucess, I tried to get back original fsx shade one, clear shade cache, again without any sucess, no matter what I do, the clouds was mixed with gray clouds with more whither on all clouds formation, all the time, day, dusk, dawn same gray clouds pattern, I tried to locate the problem, I tried to investigate why it can happend...The only things I found maybe what can causing this from what I did done previously before the problem appears, either registry fix software broke it, Dx get corrupted or video driver change, I did not done anything else, I had this issue in early Fsx release as well without any addons, each time when it happend needed to reinstall Fsx, I dont know if Fsx get corrupted alone with the shade or external softwaredxdrivers broke it. There is another condition that can happend, by using sky set some get darker clouds mixed, in As2012 day sky this should not happend, unless you darker by using recolor the day sky it can darker the clouds and get mixed clouds.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

clouds-in-blue-sky-2.jpg.I've taken it to be an non issue with me, but then again I'm the local town idiot :( ... never had any real trouble going back to pristine white clouds.

HI Dean,I know what you means lights gray with whiter, in normal way, but not exagerated with a complete bottom to upper gray clouds, in some conditon it will look bad, I was talking about this screenshots http://s18.postimage...0_47_47_189.png I got this before without shade all the time on all condition, untill I reinstalled fsx, it fixed.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Christo, I noticed a screenshots with overcast thread, there was horrible dark clouds mixed with white, shade causing this? if yes, shade cause more trouble then I tought.
Chris...Yes that shot your refering to was with shade, i installed the wx based textures and ran Shade afterwards, now im not disrespcting Shade here as the mountains look fab, it just makesall the hard work you did on the clouds look crappy so thats why i have stopped using it untill there is a way to use both together without sacrafising the image qaulity of those beautifull looking clouds of yours! Edited by christos

Chris Howard