Here is some screen shots using AS2012 downloaded weather and weather theme. This has to be the best version yet.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I will agree whole heartedly. I used AS, then ASX and ASE and now AS 2012 and the clouds (as well as the rest!) are great. I used AS 2012 for the first time yesterday and am very impressed. The shapes are very good and they even have the wisps of cloud as you enter one.

Absolutely. I'm very happy with AS2012. I think it has the best clouds.Just made a flght with FSEconomy and it was very atmospheric. Clouds move more realistically in my opinion.

Less cartoonish graphics than a competitor's to me, the most realistic weather engine on today's market. Clouds depiction are really close to METARs.

AS2012 is awesome and i always look forward too seeing the weather it will dipict.Heres a shot of a flight during sunset, i let AS choose the textures based on the flightplan.Pretty safe to say i've never seen one like this in FSX before now!2012_1_1_22_23_28_48.jpg

Chris Howard

nice screenshots :) I have been able to increase my cloud coverage by tweaking the fsx config files. It looks really good when you're able to tweak the colors and hue. Chris has a post about that with some screenshotsCheck out this post

Yeah i did the same in the cfg, upped it to 12 to great affect... i haven't tweaked the colours yet i like the way it looks for now!2012_1_3_21_26_4_231.jpg2012_1_3_21_26_10_366.jpg2012_1_4_12_6_1_113.jpgVery happy customer here!

Chris Howard

AS2012 is awesome and i always look forward too seeing the weather it will dipict.Heres a shot of a flight during sunset, i let AS choose the textures based on the flightplan.Pretty safe to say i've never seen one like this in FSX before now!
That is one impressive shot - all of these are.

Very happy here, Great job!Dean
Nice shots Dean, especially the last one. Did you tweak the colors in the clouds/haze in the last shot or was it just from a default AS2012 set?I have yet to try any of the AS2012 textures, sky or clouds, as I have FEX, REX, and now AS2012 and have always been partial to Pablo Diaz's sky set reworked for FSX and an FEX cloud set I created a long time ago. Not to say I cant back them up and try something new, but once I found something I liked I have been hesitant to change, but your sets look pretty good.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Finally managed to complete my first flight with AS2012.. ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!The PMDG738 and AS2012 are a perfect combination.Great work guys... well woth it!

Finally managed to complete my first flight with AS2012.. ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!The PMDG738 and AS2012 are a perfect combination.Great work guys... well woth it!
I cant seem to get AS2012 and the ngx to play well together at all, unless i just disable turbulance in FSX, which really defeats the whole point.Could you please share you settings with me Benji.Thanks

Jason Aerts

Hi Jason,I have also had to disable turbulance..bit of a pain I know but at least it stops me spilling my virtual coffee in my lap.