Sign in to follow this  
factory15

need help..my girlfriend thinks i'm a nut case..

Nothing is wrong with this take off! Just a slow rotation. And it looks like low weight, you see that the plain takes off at once as the pilot rises the nose!

The take off angle does seem wrong. The main wheels seemed to lift off almost the same time as the nose wheel. Given what others have said about it being too close to the terminal and so on, I would agree that this is CGI. The reason? To show it closer to the terminal for better effect.Btw the way, I suggest you show your girlfriend this thread, so she knows that you aren't ... well... that you aren't alone in this.:-)

ok i did some research and it looks like they filmed this at the Ontario, CA airport. The plane is taking off from 26R and she's looking out from the end of Terminal 2. I did a screengrab from netflix. You see on the Gmaps where the markings match.Not totally convinced on the CGI...I think they chartered a plane and told the pilot to take off low and slow. He probably turned right around to land. In the end maybe I am crazy. :(Airport_Shot.jpgAirport_Gmap.jpg
Look closer. I'd agree with you that it's KONT, but I don't agree that it's coming off of 26R. It's taking off of the closest strip to the ramp, which is the taxiway - both in the video and on google maps.No offense, but you have to be. It's a TV show, not a movie, and even in the movie, they never charter planes for passes. Ever wonder why they'll show an MD-8O taking off and then cut to the "interior" and it's a 747? There's no way they wrote off the fuel and pilot time for a lap around the pattern in a 737.
Its KONT. He taking off from 08L and Landing on 26R. That is the secound terminal at the airport. I fly out of that airport 2-3 times per month. A lot of people use this airport for filliming.

As I said fellas, CGI it is not! It just does not make sense.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I still very much not convinced. That's a taxiway, and departures from those hardly ever get approved. I'm talking along the lines of the FAA needs to authorize it themselves, and generally only approve of such procedures when the runway is decommed. The Meigs incident years ago is one example, and recently an airport close to me carved out their whole runway for resurfacing, and made the taxiway the runway temporarily.

Kyle Rodgers